Windows/Door Seal

Guest E46325ci2005

Guest E46325ci2005

Hi Guys ...

I recently had the windows on my E46 325ci 2005 tinted, but during the process, the fitment guys had to remove the rubber seal on the inside of the windows. They did this by un-clipping the door molding/panel at the top and thereafter removing the rubber seal which runs along the window on the inside.

I feel that they have not replaced that rubber seal correctly. I cannot remember what it looked like before they removed it. It is now really bugging me that the rubber may not have been replaced correctly and that water may pour into the door through gaps that have been left.

Is there anyone who has done this sort of procedure before and could provide any advice or a step by step procedure on correcting the problem, I woul really appreciate it. If you have pics that will be great.

post-18478-1156324376.jpg

Many thanks

Please see the following links for pics:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=394668

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161901 (I circled the gaps which are most worrying)

I've used this procedure several times and it does not even effect the part of the door you're picturing. it must have been like that and now that your car has been worked on you're picking it over like you never have before.

Guest E46325ci2005

Hi Blade

I was there when it was done. The entire strip in the inside was removed and left to hang along the side of the door since it was attached inside the door jam. What concerns me is the gap that is left between the door and the rubber seal on the outside. Will this gap allow an excess amount of water to get inside the door?

Do you have close-up pictures of the before tint and after the tint was done on a coupe door?

Thanks

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

close the friggin door bimmer boy! water gets in the door on all cars! that space between the glass when the door is open is there for a good reason. the window will push up against the body of the car good and tight when it is shut so that it doesn't leek from the top into the car. when the door is shut, the door will push up tight onto the glass. :gasp

Guest E46325ci2005

Well, I figure that if they could not do it correctly the first time round, I'd rather fix it myself. Plus I noticed that there is a 10mm gap between the end of the strip and the triangular post where the side-rearview mirror is attached.

post-18478-1156402245.jpg

post-18478-1156402278.jpg

if your still not satisfied or havent fixed the problem hit me up on here or e46 fanatics. same screen name. I also have an 04 330ci and am a profesional tinter.

Guest tintgod

it looks like to me that the seal is not slide up to the nose part of the of the door all the way...it is an easy fix..take it back to the tint shop and they can fix it..or you you are inclined to do it your self..take the seal out and slide it up closer to the nose of the door..and that should fill in the gap on the back part of the door.

Archived