Window film glare

Guest Louisp

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have said it before and I will say it again.

This absorbtion issue that keeps popping up, I don't have problems. We have installed hundreds of thousands of square feet of ceramic in seven years. To date have replaced 22 panes of glass. That is less than .01%. That is less than metalized film, which is 42 panes replaced.

So for me, the hype I hear from competitors about the use of ceramic films is dust blowing in the wind.

64 panes but who's counting? :lol

That's one heck of a lot of window film going up Tman. :cool

devil

Guest vclimber
just playin around VC. I knew that'd get a response from you. honestly I don't any specs on the stuff. like you said....I don't sell the stuff. :lol2

Yeah, I knew the pressure was on and I didn't want to disapoint. :lol

I have said it before and I will say it again.

This absorbtion issue that keeps popping up, I don't have problems. We have installed hundreds of thousands of square feet of ceramic in seven years. To date have replaced 22 panes of glass. That is less than .01%. That is less than metalized film, which is 42 panes replaced.

So for me, the hype I hear from competitors about the use of ceramic films is dust blowing in the wind.

We're running about the same percentage too. :lol

well out of all the flat glass film that I have installed I have never had any break .....and I have been doing flat for 15 or so years... :lol2:lol

oh sheit...I may have just jinks myself...forget about what I just said.. :thumb

:lol2 Yep, you're pretty much dead meat now. :lol2

Guest tintgod

yeah...I have notice the glass structures getting really bad these days..they are doing some sheity work putting these dual panes together these day...down here is silicone..and I mean big globs of is around the frames :thumb

Guest vclimber

That's quite a streak but I think there was another thread where we were talking about how much footage each of us puts up. The more footage you do, the greater the chance of breakage. Does that seem reasonable? Then climate comes into play as well.

As far as film goes, if I were to compare one to the other, ceramics are not cracking glass any more than traditional films do. And that's at altitude with big temperature swings on east facing windows...

Archived