hiring inexperience help to train

Guest 2chase3

Definately stay clear of the rice tuners!lol Simple man.. when you sit down with him find out alittle about him on this day talk to him as a friend not a employer. Is he married or live with Mom? any PO officer?(which doesnt mean he doesnt deserve a second chance) besides he realizes he get reports from you. job history is a key element. if hes had 6 jobs in one year, just count this as 7. any military? usually shows some discipline.

When I was a sub-contractor {Metal fabrication) I would always say "all I want to see is blue lights and white smoke, make me famous Motherfo(ker. if you aint burnin rods you better be spinnin wire!

DO NOT make a situation debateable like it sounds like you have. This is your rodeo. your way or the freeway. and if they dont like it..Hit the bricks baby.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 2chase3
Definately stay clear of the rice tuners!lol Simple man.. when you sit down with him find out alittle about him on this day talk to him as a friend not a employer. Is he married or live with Mom? any PO officer?(which doesnt mean he doesnt deserve a second chance) besides he realizes he get reports from you. job history is a key element. if hes had 6 jobs in one year, just count this as 7. any military? usually shows some discipline.

When I was a sub-contractor {Metal fabrication) I would always say "all I want to see is blue lights and white smoke, make me famous Motherfo(ker. if you aint burnin rods you better be spinnin wire!

DO NOT make a situation debateable like it sounds like you have. This is your rodeo. your way or the freeway. and if they dont like it..Hit the bricks baby.

let them know you only expect them to work only half a day seven days a week,Which twelve is entirely up to them! :thumb

Guest str0ngh01d

Damn, wish you were closer to sc. That would be great for me. I am 21, live at home, I do work 2nd shift so I wouldnt ask for alot. Hard working. Willing to learn. The way things work for me....

Guest wilcax

hire someone who is proud of their work. that likes to take the time to do things right the first time and that is very patient. dont just judge them by their looks or how they represent themselves when you first meet them. the best way to weed out the bad is to ask them to help you out for a day or two for free, and feel em out. if he seems interested in what your doing, good. if hes just moping around asking how much you make and asking stupid questions, not good. I got lucky when I got my job. helped for a few hours and they liked my style, so I was hired, mind you I was 19, living at home, and unemployed for the past 3 months. I was hungry for any "job" but tinting is something I had always wanted to do. look at me now, 3 years same company, full time now, hourly plus bonuses. I think ill be there for years to come. still do jobs on the side but the boss dont mind, and I know I can make more at home but I like having a job to go to monday to friday from 8 to 6. good luck finding the right guy or girl!

Guest #1FRESHTINTER

WEll I'm kinda new to this forum deal. Well I just started tinting at a Tint shop. And at first I thought it was rough work . I really didn't like it much. But now I'm getting a feel for it. And I'm starting to actually enjoy it. And these guys hired me with no exp. watsoever . Of which I appreciate. It's been about 3 weeks . And I still cant do backwindows solo :spit . But I am grateful. :spit

Guest Key West
[

Wow this job market is tight . Put an ad in newspaper with little response . Only people answering are unemployed tinters wanting 40-45% . Cant afford to pay some one that.

Why do you think they are unemployed? :spit:evileye

I started out in car audio in HS, migrated over to auto body and paint work after college and now I have landed in the wide world of tinting...Best bet is to find someone who acutally knows how to use hand tools...and if they say they have done it before have em go try a window in the back...

just dont rule out people who are from other automotive fields.....

On 5/1/2007 at 8:30 AM, #1FRESHTINTER said:

WEll I'm kinda new to this forum deal. Well I just started tinting at a Tint shop. And at first I thought it was rough work . I really didn't like it much. But now I'm getting a feel for it. And I'm starting to actually enjoy it. And these guys hired me with no exp. watsoever . Of which I appreciate. It's been about 3 weeks . And I still cant do backwindows solo :spit . But I am grateful. :spit

Were you getting paid to 'learn/ apprentice?' 

On 9/30/2006 at 4:33 PM, vclimber said:

Hire younger employees who live at home. They can better fianacially survive the learning curve of tinting.

What is the duration of the learning curve?

Lots of questions, hope this helps a little.

Hire for their attitude, you can train them

half of the tint is cleaning and prep, then clean up the mess.  preppers are cheap, if they catch on, pay them market value.

best choices,  high school grad,  got girl friend preg, needs the job to pay the bills and support family.

training,  takes a day or two to train some one to clean and prep, takes a year to make a great tinter.

employees are like children,  first 30 days or so are great.  then test the boundaries. 30-60 come in a little late, little late back from lunch.  got to slap their hand before it gets out of control.  why do you think most places wait 90 days for benefits. 

I used to hire one tinter a year, in a year they were ready to solo.  yes many never made more then 90 days.

40% is the going rate here for a good tinter. to get that rate completes have to be under 2 hours.  with an assistant we averaged an hour. if they became a tinter we flipped cars in 35 to 45 min.  think of the dollars per hour they can generate compared to what it cost to have the bay.  if you get them for 30% and it takes 4 hours to do a car it will put you out of biz.

Archived