hiring inexperience help to train

I am looking to hire some one to train from scratch . I dont know if I am a bad judge of character but I only seem to hire loosers . They all give a good show when they apply for the job but give them a month and they start bitching and misssing work or having baby mama drama.

Some things I have figured out so far

older than 19

dont live at home

preferably work in auto industry ( ie detailer oil changer etc)

own a car enjoy working on cars

Anything else that weeds out the loosers ? . I have a cutting machine and an experience guy already so I only need some one for side doors . The last guy I got going pretty good in about 3 weeks .

Had a few car audio guys want the job but figured they could make more doing audio and just want to learn the business and skip off after .

Any suggestions?

thanks

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint

older than 19

I'd say at least 22-23

dont live at home

:lol2

preferably work in auto industry ( ie detailer oil changer etc)

:thumb

own a car enjoy working on cars

yes then they have something to practice on :lol2 but then again what do I know

"Had a few car audio guys want the job but figured they could make more doing audio and just want to learn the business and skip off after .

it has been my experience that within a day or 2 you can tell who will pick it up and want to stick with it and who won't get it or will just want to bail on ya after they think they know it all :thumb

I started out doing audio and switched to tinting"

as did I, :bat:DD:lol2

Some things I have figured out so far

older than 19

dont live at home

preferably work in auto industry

thanks

I had a guy come in back in 89 to apply for a job and I didn't hire him because he was 19 and lived at home and was delivering pizzas at the time,so I hired someone else and they quit after a week so I was in a bind and called the 19 year old to see if he still wanted the job.anyway I hired him and trained him he worked for me for 5 years and in that time only missed 2 days of work :gasp

you will go through 20 to find one good one so get used to firing people. first thought is to hire a younger guy but, trust me, I would take a mid to late twentys female anytime because they are harder workers and follow instruction better.

Well some follow instuctions better :gasp not me I am as hard headed as any man :lol2 just ask Mr P!

you will go through 20 to find one good one so get used to firing people. first thought is to hire a younger guy but, trust me, I would take a mid to late twentys female anytime because they are harder workers and follow instruction better.

and you don't have to teach them, they learned in college. Wait, we're talking about tinting.

Any suggestion where to put ad . I put a $300 ad in paper and sign in front of shop still not much of a response. I am going to the unemployment office to put an ad up today. Here in Orlando very low unemployment, Disney giving $500 bonus to people they hire never seen that before.

Archived