Legal, but not legal tint

Here in Texas, Cop cars are exempt from tint laws.

BUT, if you go to a municipal auction and buy one, take a steamer and inverter.

AS soon as you buy the retired Cop car and pull onto the street, you are fair game for a ticket for illegal tint !

So the cops can see through illegal tint better than we can ?

Must have Carrott Donuts which improves their eyesight ?

Here in Texas, Cop cars are exempt from tint laws.

BUT, if you go to a municipal auction and buy one, take a steamer and inverter.

AS soon as you buy the retired Cop car and pull onto the street, you are fair game for a ticket for illegal tint !

So the cops can see through illegal tint better than we can ?

Must have Carrott Donuts which improves their eyesight ?

very good point.. :thumb

If that's true, then that's total BS..they should have a training course for the consumer to buy into which ,at the end of certification , allows their eyes to see through the tint as well as cops :thumb

I think that having dark tint is bogus as far as cop cars go. They should only be permitted to have 35% on the whole car. They do spend alot of time in the car during their shifts and 35% would atleast make it more comfortable in their cars.

You would think that vision would paramount in a vehicle of that type, why in the hell would you want dark tint to obstruct your view? Now if its a undercover car then thats a different story, because there is obviously a use for dark tint if your spying on somebody.

but yeah,,,I dont see any real reason cop cars in general should be tinted anything darker than what the public can have.

Here cops try that all the time. for their personal cars and their patrol cars. fleet manager says no. only a couple vehicles are allowed dark tint for cops and those are undercover dr*g cars. carrying narc's around and letting the busted ones point out the soon to be busted ones. :lol6

they usually spend more time in high speed dangerous situations then we do. they should need to see better out their car then anyone.

I really don't think anything darker than 50% should be used for normal patrol cars (like said above, under cover cars serve a specific purpose and I would be cool with them being darker). Those guys need to see with their best ability at night, and I know damn well that even 35% makes it tough to see things at night, I catch myself rolling my windows down at times just to see what I'm looking for.

Archived