window tinting customers

Just had a guy come in and get a price to tint his 06 focus I gave him a competitive price his exact words were g#d D#m what kind of tint are you putting on there? you are the highest so far I just got a price for $109 I replied not around here you didn't :bingo then I heard him talking to himself and laughing as he walked to his car,the funny thing is the jokes on him :dunno:lol6 I have been doing this a long time(you get what you pay for sure and simple)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious as to how many people have a price menu posted at the front desk...

I've been thinking of trying it, for just this reason.

With a little disclaimer about upgraded film or certain vehicles that may require tint removal

or some type of extra prep time, like a rear deck removed etc... :dunno

Not sure if it's a good idea or not, just throwing it out there for debate...... :bingo

Just had a guy come in and get a price to tint his 06 focus I gave him a competitive price his exact words were g#d D#m what kind of tint are you putting on there? you are the highest so far I just got a price for $109 I replied not around here you didn't :bingo then I heard him talking to himself and laughing as he walked to his car,the funny thing is the jokes on him :dunno:bat I have been doing this a long time(you get what you pay for sure and simple)

GOOD POINT :bat

Just curious as to how many people have a price menu posted at the front desk...

I've been thinking of trying it, for just this reason.

With a little disclaimer about upgraded film or certain vehicles that may require tint removal

or some type of extra prep time, like a rear deck removed etc... :dunno

Not sure if it's a good idea or not, just throwing it out there for debate...... :bingo

I have one, just started with it, seems to be working great. This way I can keep the prices straight in my own mind, this way my regulars dont come back with the ol, "you charged me this last this" crap.

I too have a price list hangineg on the wall in my office and all the vehicle prices listed say it is a start at price. Also had a very detailed price list on my website( which is down right now) but nontheless I highly recommend both. I think it shows that you are upfront with you pricing and that everyone is getting the same "deal".

Often times if someone gets a price that may be slightly or quite a bit higher than others they have been given by the chop shops it seems if they see it "in writing" or "on the wall" so to speak it tends to give your price structure more validation. It lets them know that the price is what you charge all the time and not that when you saw them walk in the door you decided to jack the price up

Archived