2006 Caravan Scratching?

Guest sthomas

Guest sthomas

I have a 2006 Caravan, and I'd like to tint. I had a 2005 that got nasty scratching. Wasn't aware of the gasket issue until I read this forum.

Does anyone know if the issue still exists for the 2006? This is something the dealership will help cure if it is indeed still a problem?

Thanks all!

Yes the 06 still has the problem. As far as I know no dealership has a fix for this problem. They want to blame it on the tint and not admit they have a problem, so nothing has been done by the manufacturer tha I am aware of. Your only hope is to find a tintshop that knows how to deal with this problem by adding felt to the strips.

good luck.

Guest sthomas
Your only hope is to find a tintshop that knows how to deal with this problem by adding felt to the strips.

good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply. So that I understand this better... the problem is inside the door? Or is it the black rubberstrip "weather strip" thing?

Scott

The problem is with the INSIDE bottom rub rail ..if removed, felt can be applied to it ,then replaced making the car the way it should have been in the first place minus the extra work for the tinter .

Archived