films recommended for residential

Guest eshenem

Guest eshenem

Thanks guys. I guess both films are good. NV film seems to be more popular. I know I won't have a clear view of outside at nighttime but as long as the lights outside (I.e. landscape lighting) one should be able to see outside. I'm just hoping with outdoor lights we would be able to see the waterfall at nighttime.

It was interesting to compare the tinted vs non tinted (samples I've attached to window). Non tinted would direct heat onto carpet, couch, table, etc while tinted would not however when touching the film it is more warm/hot opposed to non tinted so film is basically absorbing the heat. The windows are double panes.

Any other films I should consider (my take is most films are good; it is how installer install them)? Is there a certain type of adhesive I should ask for?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

I prefer the dry adheasives over the PS because you get less distortion and the stuff has no record of bubbling that I know of. That said, not all of the films that I prefer to sell are dry adheasive, I wish they would change the ones that are not.

Other less relective films:

Huper Optik Ceramic & Drei

Vista Harmony

Madico MAC

We've used several different brands of residential film and 3M NV series I think is the best. Nice to work with, nice color inside and out. Good stuff, $200 dollars difference is very small amount, 3M cost us almost double what we normally paid for a 60 inch roll in other brands but is sum good shiat :lol .

Guest eshenem

I did some research on films that vclimber mentioned. Huper Optik sounds nice and probably make best films out there. Ceramic film is dual-pane safe. I was a bit concerned about windows absorbing heat after film is applied.

Does ceramic based film offer privacy and reduce glare? I can't seem to find Huper Optik dealer in Denver. I imagine Huper Optik is more expensive than Panorama and 3M? Panorama Slate film seems to have a little bit blur when seeing through the film attached to the window while NV seems to have better clarity. I think they both are metal-based films?

Most, if not all, Vista films use dry adhesive and I'm not sure about other films mentioned above. A lot more of films available than I thought! Which film types offer some insulation to reduce heat loss during the wintertime? I'm guessing all of film types.

My area has HOA and they're pretty strict about how one maintains the property. I've noticed some houses in my area have tinted windows (some are very dark that you couldn't see through during the day). I'm guessing it shouldn't matter as long as it looks nice from the street. One installer who gave me an estimate he lives in same area and he installed NV film in his house and didn't get any complaints.

Guest VOLTRON

Huper adds the least amount of reflectivity to the windows and thus doesnt change the apperance of the windows as much as the other metal based films do. All metal based films will add reflectivity to the window from the outside. Huper will not add as much.

huper optik provides good performance and isn't dark or reflective to the eye so no one would really know its on the glass except you, but it is expensive. I think 3M films tend to be more expensive but not necessarily better. They make a low-e film, LE 35, 50 Amber but this is reflective film and you would have a hard time seeing outside at night if you had any interior lights on. there are alot of choices but the fact that you want to see out at night is probably why NV was suggested, but it is hard to say if the film would meet your expectations. as was already stated, windows without film can be hard to see out of at night if you have the lights on inside.

Guest vclimber

If you want minimal reflection which is important if you want to see out at night and up to 61% solar energy rejection, then you may want to get your hands on a sample of Huper Ceramic. Place it next to your other two samples and it will speak for itself...

I'm not in denver but you can caontact HO at 888.296.3456 and they can tell you who is. :hmmm

Archived