Llumar warrany

We were thinking about using Llumar or Llumastar for auto, but the boss says their warranty doesn't pay very much, or just for the film and not labor or something, so I wanted to ask yous guys.

Also does Llumar have a colorstable film?

The 3M CS is just really hard to work with and the warranty is only for the cost of the film and not labor, so if Llumar has a better warranty program, it's definitely worth a try.

Also, how well does Llumars film shrink?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest civicnos

u mean dyed film or metallized film td?

llumar JT (dyed) film is easy to work with.... same as typical dyed film...

I dont see why l :booga lumar film is so expensive,,,? :booga

Guest expertint

Happy to help you and obtain valuable brownie points with Llumar..I've been using it for 11yrs.It really heatshrinks good and easy and the mirror Plat Plus does also..Almost all them are now warrantied against color change..which is BS anyway..but they followed 3M into this non color change BS.The ATRch series is good to work with and thwe warr is this... For partial vehicle Rear window replaced only is %50 of the original ticket. Not bad if they charged $200 for the car but I've seen some Florida cars done for 120 and then you only get 60 for rear window R&R. One side rollup pays %15 of total invoice which would be $30..Multipal windows not to exceed full invoice..The film is good and looks good.Great service next day from orange co. About 120-130 per roll and easy warr cards to fill out.Hope this helps... :jerkit You should come to SEMA and see the booth and products there.Come on and go.See you there. :rollin

Try Solargards True Grey. I know, I know...SG has issues..:mad But that film flat out lasts. I see the proof every day. It comes as a hybrid or without metal. I know what you're thinking... :lol But it's as color stable as I've ever seen, and been around long enough to prove it. I don't play the warranty game with cars, so I don't even know how much they pay, but I haven't had 1 come back in 4 years with the stuff. :mad

Guest atypicaldave
Happy to help you and obtain valuable brownie points with Llumar..I've been using it for 11yrs.It really heatshrinks good and easy and the mirror Plat Plus does also..Almost all them are now warrantied against color change..which is BS anyway..but they followed 3M into this non color change BS.The ATRch series is good to work with and thwe warr is this... For partial vehicle  Rear window replaced only is %50 of the original ticket. Not bad if they charged $200 for the car but I've seen some Florida cars done for 120 and then you only get 60 for rear window R&R. One side rollup pays %15 of total invoice which would be $30..Multipal windows not to exceed full invoice..The film is good and looks good.Great service next day from orange co. About 120-130 per roll and easy warr cards to fill out.Hope this helps... :mad  You should come to SEMA and see the booth and products there.Come on and go.See you there. :lol

TD,

EX has the correct skinny on wwarranty. Price varies depending upon volume purchase (buy more, pay less... well mostly). Yes, it is more expensive than the wannabes, but not as costly as the number letter company. Keeping ahead and consistently holding quality and better than half the market does cost. Think of CPF as the guy trying to get top $ and the wannabes are the low ballers down the street.

And... Do NOT listen to any of the stuff you hear steering you toward JT dyed, it's a professional economy film. :mad

Stay with LLumastar (AT CH & ATR CH) for color stable and Platinum for the full metal jacket. No CPF does not use extruded poly, there IS another way for stability. The film is and will be color stable, fading on color, yet not changing color (green, pink, purple, etc.).

Warranty is as EX stated; per original invoice, however, cases such as a Florida job coming to Cali can be negotiated on a case by case basis. Nothing wrong with requesting fair market value for your region. Just because you buy LLumar, this does not obligate you to do out of state warranty work. Just say no, if it isn't enough $ to suit your market.

Good luck :lol

Archived