Llumar warrany

Solarguard TD monitoring police..I got in big trouble with them and I'm not even a customer..Figure that one out..they all lurk here
Yeah...they have issues, have lost customers, but I still have a rep that I've dealt with for years who's a top notch guy. When you deal with someone like that for about 15 years, it's tough to walk away. And the film lasts.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest powertints

Llumar is a great film and in my opinion the company is no worse than the rest. Plus the national advertising doesn't hurt. Nascar, hydro boats, that stuff really helps with brand rec.

Guest expertint

That is correct about the negotiatons cause I had a Fla. dude almost command me to do a warranty on Llumar and I said ,get lost ,they won't pay me enough..Well he called Llumar and they sent him to me so I called them and told them it wasn't enough to do the job..I might have if the guy wasn't demanding...they paid me 120.00 to R&R just a rear and it worked out ok. Have had big trouble with the 18centaur turning opaque on only the back window but got paid good to warranty them and switched to ATR with no probs yet..I see some coming down the road with the difference between a fade and a color change..Hopefully I won't still be here to find out.COMON ITS ONLY FILM......

Guest thetintshop

llumar's ATR (llumastar) is their color stable film. warranties for life against color change. it heat shrinks well, and has excellent optical clarity. looks a little like true grey (which is another good film, used it for 2 1/2 years before switching) but without the shiney appearance true grey tends to have. so it matches factory really well. and it's cheaper than 3m. as for warranty, no idea, haven't had it long enough to find out. but if it's as good as true grey, I may never know. never done one warranty on TG and the ones I see that I did look just like the day I did them.

Guest thetintshop

I say it heat shrinks well. since nobody here likes my porter cable heat gun, they may think it's hard to shrink with their crappy little makitas and milwaukees. it lays down like a $2 hooker for me.

Guest tintslut

SG warranty work???? Installer error is the one your gonna hear most, or unusual

delamination :mad True grey is a great lookin film, but a painintheass to shrink and make stick on matrix. The atr llumastar shrinks great and does appear to have a little more clarity. If you can get over llumar being wound liner side in,

then by all means go for it...... There is one caveat I have found with the LLumastar atr,,, wonder if anyone else has seen this...

If you precut the film with plotter or by hand , and manage to get the film wet, and try to install some hours or even a day later,, the film seems to lose its ability

to conform to the glass easily. Both me and my installer have noticed this when we precut front door windows in advance of the install, like a silverado or ford f150. Takes a little stretch and pull to get it back in line :mad

Archived