Dr Phil kicks guest off his show!!

Guest outkast tinter

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did not know this V !

Great emotional insight you would have where most could only imagine .

Glad you pulled through what would have been a difficult time to become the person you are :nono

To be honest TW. I really just got lucky. If I had not married Bobby ( my first husband) who knows where I would be today. He and I had dated in highschool and he found me sleeping in my car. Soon after he moved me in with his parents and later we were married. I found the strength to leave him a few years later. Not that I did not love him but he provided me with a way to survive. He and I are still very good friends to this day! Most homeless teens do not get so lucky. I will give myself some credit though. I worked fulltime, stayed in highschool all while sleeping in a car I payed a few hundred bucks for. And it was such a pile :thumb It was a red Granada with power windows that did not work (well the drivers door would roll down, but that was it) and NO AC! Everyone thought I still lived in my parents home but my Dad had dissappeared a few years before and my Mom had passed on. I was able to spend the night at friends houses which was nice but I never wanted to over stay my welcome :eyebrows

To be honest TW. I really just got lucky. If I had not married Bobby ( my first husband) who knows where I would be today. He and I had dated in highschool and he found me sleeping in my car. Soon after he moved me in with his parents and later we were married. I found the strength to leave him a few years later. Not that I did not love him but he provided me with a way to survive. He and I are still very good friends to this day! Most homeless teens do not get so lucky. I will give myself some credit though. I worked fulltime, stayed in highschool all while sleeping in a car I payed a few hundred bucks for. And it was such a pile :thumb It was a red Granada with power windows that did not work (well the drivers door would roll down, but that was it) and NO AC! Everyone thought I still lived in my parents home but my Dad had dissappeared a few years before and my Mom had passed on. I was able to spend the night at friends houses which was nice but I never wanted to over stay my welcome :eyebrows

that is incredible that everything turned out so well

that could have been a bad ending like so many others

most we don't even know about

:nono

What is sad is how easy someone that would never expect it could become homeless. Imagine you worked for say enron for 15-20 years then when it went under you have no job, no pention, some savings, and no living family so your living on your savings you can't find a job because so many people that you worked with are applying for the same job. Plus you are already 60 years old and they rather hire the guys 30-40 that can stick around for 20 more years. now before you know it 2 years go buy and still no job, your savings are gone your house got forclosed you car reposessed (guess what you are homeless my friend) :)

What is sad is how easy someone that would never expect it could become homeless. Imagine you worked for say enron for 15-20 years then when it went under you have no job, no pention, some savings, and no living family so your living on your savings you can't find a job because so many people that you worked with are applying for the same job. Plus you are already 60 years old and they rather hire the guys 30-40 that can stick around for 20 more years. now before you know it 2 years go buy and still no job, your savings are gone your house got forclosed you car reposessed (guess what you are homeless my friend) :)
:) Its that easy mr P!

Archived