For those who tuck gaskets......

Guest tintman AZ

MDOG - do you always untuck with the window up?

I find some gaskets a pain to untuck when the window is up, by dropping the window it allows you to get a start on untucking but you always have the chance of hitting the glass and scratching the film.

Do you tuck the current Audi A4? I know this has a double scraper as I have tucked them before and you can hear them if they are not untucked right as the bottom scraper rubs on the glass - how do you handle these?

Naughty

Just take the panel off, it will be alot easier on that car. Not to mention audi customers are just as bad as bmw owners!

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I have to agree with you there Tintman AZ, I have seen alot of cars with the gaskets 1/2 tucked and from the heat all warrped and fukd up :thumb just pull the rubbers out then you don't have to worry about any of it just my :thumb worth :beer but what do I know

I untuck EVERY gasket before the car leaves my shop :thumb I used to not do that and always had problems. About the last 5 years I have untucked them :thumb before they leave the shop.

The hook tool from filmhandler or 44tools works wonders for this :beer

Same here, I dont like to take a chance of the gaskets not poping back up with the window!

Guest VaTinterPMan

Yeah nooob work or it just slips ur mind I havnt had one slip my mind yet cause I hate to deal with it down the road like now if it was to ever come back. thats alot of cash right there to be putting into gaskets.

Yeah, I never really got the whole shoving the seal down thing, but again that's just me and obviously it works for MANY people, but there is always some asshat that fuks it up. :thumb

Sounds like one of those "45 minute 'prefect' " tint jobs we hear of so often.

Don't hate just because you can't hang. :thumb

Guest VaTinterPMan

Yeah me too I didnt get it at first till I ran into a 04 or 05 mist galant the gts and I couldnt figure out to save my life to get the front doors off so I just pushed that tight azz gasket down cut pattern, cleaned window rolled down stuck to top then heated a lil hard card roll up with a lil pressure of my hand out wards then pushed any of the gasket back down then spayed then removed rest of liner and bammm worked like a charm.

Guest Sprinter
youve got to be a dumbass if you are tucking seals that are ultra tight :beer

just get that panel off. it will give less headache and bigger chances of doing it right the first time.

you must be talking about the audi................I hate audi's...................

Archived