For those who tuck gaskets......

Guest tintman AZ

Guest tintman AZ

Not trying to harp on anybody or say my ways better. Just a reminder to pull those gaskets up when done. I was just doing a redo today, (film went bad, don't know where it was done, doesn't matter).It's on about a 98 Chrys.300. Rear door gaskets are still tucked and tweaked. Fronts are both half tucked and untucked. Also tweaked. Probably forever. And I'm not saying I haven't done it also. Because I definitely remember a time or two when after they left it finally dawned on me. But after seeing how it looks after 6 or 7 yrs. it don't look pretty. Just kind of makes me feel sorry for the customer.

Guest tintman AZ

But how do you know, if the customer never brings it back. Maybe thats what the tinter on this car thought. Now the gaskets are screwed. And there are scratches on the film where it was tweaked. And I'm not harping on you now. But no wonder customers get TO'd at us for having a lazy attitude.

Guest TintsOvOz

:thumb We employ a trim puller, love it, nothing in the way, but if you going to tuck we as tint professionals would like everyone to take pride and give the industry some credibility, :thumb

Cheers.................

I untuck EVERY gasket before the car leaves my shop :thumb I used to not do that and always had problems. About the last 5 years I have untucked them :thumb before they leave the shop.

The hook tool from filmhandler or 44tools works wonders for this :beer

Guest naughtydog

MDOG - do you always untuck with the window up?

I find some gaskets a pain to untuck when the window is up, by dropping the window it allows you to get a start on untucking but you always have the chance of hitting the glass and scratching the film.

Do you tuck the current Audi A4? I know this has a double scraper as I have tucked them before and you can hear them if they are not untucked right as the bottom scraper rubs on the glass - how do you handle these?

Naughty

Archived