painting dot matrix

:rollin

...I agree, that painting ultimately looks the best out of all the methods too. It might take some more effort, but if the customer agrees to pay your for it...I say "get'er done" :rollin

P.S. I brush mine on...no mask and no mess :lol6

what kind of paint do you brush on? We use a simi flat black krylon in the rattle can.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Instructor
what kind of paint do you brush on? We use a simi flat black krylon in the rattle can.

It?s a specially made product to adhere to glass called "ONE-SHOT". Most local sign making companies should carry it. If not, the last known source I had is the company known as ?L.L.C.? a division of Spray Lat Corp.

It?s a specially made product to adhere to glass called "ONE-SHOT". Most local sign making companies should carry it. If not, the last known source I had is the company known as ?L.L.C.? a division of Spray Lat Corp.

Kool! I have used One Shot for doing painted pin-stripping back in the day. Very good paint but I'm going to stick to spray (dry's very fast) or try the vinyl. TW makes it sound easy. :rollin Do you think customers like the paint over the glue or vinyl? :rollin

Guest TintsOvOz
...just tint it, are you that bad ? I feel like im contributing to a minor but my suggestion would bea lil' 2 inch roller after masking headliner and the glass...also cover the seat and backdeck. wow all that when you could just tint it :thumb

quick edit : making post less offensive :lol2

:thumb

Oz........ :thumb

Guest The Instructor
Kool! I have used One Shot for doing painted pin-stripping back in the day. Very good paint but I'm going to stick to spray (dry's very fast) or try the vinyl. TW makes it sound easy. :thumb Do you think customers like the paint over the glue or vinyl? :thumb

Acutally, I teach all methods when it comes to the "dots" and any/all methods to install film in general...and let the students decided which one they perfer to use once in the field. As for which ones I personal think the customers like; not sure since I have been out of retail for years. But, back in the day my customers liked whatever I told them to like :thumb ...and charged them for it :lol2

:lol2

Oz........ :thumb

your still offensive :lol2 you should learn differant ways to skin a cat, yes we could "just tint it" we both teach people how to do YOUR job but in our world there are several ways to do the same thing. Have you ever tried paint or vinyl? It's faster than tinting............. if you want instructions we can help, otherwise mind your own business. :thumb:thumb

Archived