Help with 92 Camaro BG

Guest Brisams

Guest Brisams

I am attempting my first Camaro back glass today. It's a 92 w/o defrost, just looking for some pointers on how I should shrink the backglass on this car. Where should I anchor and any suggestions/pointers overall would be a great help. Thanks!

Guest Brisams

No its not egg shaped, its the older body style (like the IRocs had)

So anchor across the middle kind of high and shrink the top only and everything else will lay down on the inside, no further shrink required? That sounds too easy LOL

No its not egg shaped, its the older body style (like the IRocs had)

So anchor across the middle kind of high and shrink the top only and everything else will lay down on the inside, no further shrink required? That sounds too easy LOL

older iroc? 82 or 92 :twocents

Guest Brisams

I think they were same also, I dont remember any other body style Iroc. I tried shrinking the top and slightly into the middle. Everything went pretty well until the bottom of the glass and had to rewet film, it seems there was alot of tension across the bottom and the side edges,I ended up creasing the bottom corner but went on to see if the corners would lay with some heat. It seemed to have more tension than it should to lay. Time for another shot at it. Any other info/advice much appreciated!

Guest Brisams

Well I'd like to consider myself a professional (I've been tinting for about one year now) self taught for the most part with some tips and pointers from a close friend. Taking it to someone else isn't an option, Ive completed every car I've attempted thusfar and want to keep that record. However, this is the first Camaro I've tackled and it goes really well until I get to the bottom corners. Then it seems there is too much tension and I end up creasing, the rest of the glass is laying perfectly. I am only shrinking the top of the glass with an anchor in the high middle. Thanks!

Archived