07 chevy truck

Mdog

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:poop the back window isn't much bigger than a colorado now :beer

the only thing I don't like is the rubbers on the door bottoms don't come out as easy anymore :dunno but still buttermilk biskits and gravy :lol

I did one of these today, yeah, the back window is cake , I though the gasket was going to be easy enough however because I pull the gaskets, these gaskets are a lot harder to put back in because there a white plastic trim on the underside of the door panel that has to sit inside the channel of the rubber gasket when you go to put it back on . You gotta REALLY reef on the panel upward to slip it back into the gasket channel channel.

I might try the gasket wizard or tucking them next time.

Guest thatsnappyguy

I do all the sierras and suvs at the gm lot. I sometimes have problems with some "fingers" shooting up. the glass has a slight curve in it. sometimes its not enough to lift the tint but most if the time it is. what I do is cut it out and b4 install I "arch " the bottom on the table just a lil bit. I find that it works everytime and I never have problems when that is done.

I know some guys, like myself, arent too concerned with slipping the tint under the bottom rubber. some cars u dont have too cuz of the soft rubber. but for these trucks u must make sure to do so...cut it tall enough to slip that tint in there cuz it will bite u on the ass.

but for these trucks u must make sure to do so...cut it tall enough to slip that tint in there cuz it will bite u on the ass.

Yeah, It's an old habit of mine to do what ever it takes to make sure the film is under the gasket lip even though on some cars it doesn't matter :lol

From my previous post , I guess what I was getting at is for anyone that DOES pull gaskets like the earlier models..it's not just a case of slipping them back in like b4..if you do , it's not properly put back and you just might not realize it.

If your a tucker ,lil devil or gasket wizard user, no need to concern yourself :lol

Archived