Hiring a auto window tinter

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

hmmm, I thought I chimed in earlier but cant find my post? to many threads I guess :beer I want to say im in the middle about this but since im posting you might want some actual advise, I started tinting when I went to a friends shop asking to buy a box of tint. he said I'd probably burn through the whole box and maybe get one good window out so he said he would teach me. Conveniently I had just left the sign shop I was at and he was just opening a new shop and needed help :thumb because of my sign shop/ vinyl experience I picked it up really quick, not to mention he was a 25 year vet tinter and knew some tricks. Since I was the new guy I didnt get paid much at all and whenever we did res/com jobs and only got a small part of the big cash I told myself I was learning for free and it would value me down the road. which it did of course because with my tinting skills I have a place of my own over 6 hours from my parents house (where I was livin) right on the central coast :beer take what you will from that story but I say hire a new guy, just try and pay him better than I was gettin payed and he'll stick around :lol2

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

training is just bringing more people into this trade/business... it will end up just biting you in the ass especially if they are from around the area the business is (easier for them to start up a shop knowing the area and people in the area)... there are plenty of skillful tinters out there looking for jobs, keep it to those who want to be around this business... they have a passion for the business for a reason

I'm going with no experience. I have had four tinters work for or with me. Two were already installers before we met. One out of those two was hard headed and did what he wanted, the second was a better installer by far and blended in to the shop right off the bat.

The two installers I trained were like little Mini Mees and worked out great, until they found out how much they could make on their own :lol2

Archived