Which system is better TintTek or Computer Cut

Guest tintmasterinc

Guest tintmasterinc

I'm getting ready to purchase a computer system to cut film and wanted to know which is the best one to buy? I am considering Tint tek or Computer Cut system. Thanks for any info.

Guest aztintr1

Tint Tek is the only system you would want to consider!!! The best program I have ever used and not to mention the support of their staff Andy is a real great guy to deal with :whisper

Tint Tek is the only system you would want to consider!!! The best program I have ever used and not to mention the support of their staff Andy is a real great guy to deal with :thumb

I don't know one programme from the next in terms of quality and reliability,however

Andy & Becky live about 10 minutes down the road from me..I've known him for yrs and can vouch for their character :whisper

Guest Tint Technology

I've used Tinttek for the last 18 months and the only problem I've had is Euro patterns, which shouldn't bug you. Patterns and updates are spot on. The only comment I would make is, unless you are into high volume, you can hand cut nearly as quick without the wastage. High volume (6+) cars a car, you will save time.

Here in the Old County we mainly buy 20" & 30" rolls, mosts of our Euro & Jap motors can be done by hand using 20" roll. Using a plotter, because of the overlap, you need 24" & 36" rolls. Might not affect your Yank tanks, cause our motors are only little.

The Tinttek program is very accurate, cut just right to fit behind seals etc.

TTech- :poop just curious-I saw your other post about your plotter needing wider film to cut patterns.Why is this? :beer My plotter is Anagraph 40''.If I need to cut a pattern that is 19.9" tall-I can cut it out of 20"film. What is the over lap you are talking about and what type plotter you use? :spit

Guest Tint Technology

I've got a 60" Graphtec FC5100, I've found you need an inch either side so alot of our roll downs are about 18" to 19", plotter wont cut unless I put in a 30" roll, I only stock 20" & 30", you end up wasting over 10". Don't get me wrong, the program is sh*thot, brilliant for quarter lights, I can't constantly cut that accurately, but by the time I've set the plotter up, fed in the film etc, I could hand as fast (not as accurate). As I said previously, brilliant for high volume, not necessary for a couple of cars a day. :poop

Guest Tint Technology

The film has to be kept tight between the rollers, thats why you cant plotter cut to the edge. If I was using it more I would get my rolls cut to 24" & 36".

Archived