Georgia laws...

Guest deanjones

Guest deanjones

So, when I was tinting regularly, the tinting laws were

Cars: 32% all around

Trucks, SUV's and Van's: 32% on the two front roll-ups and as dark as you want on the back.

I read that the law changed sometime in 2005 and then was changed again after that. It looks as if it has now changed to 32% all the way around on all vehicles including trucks, suv's and van's (excluding windshield of course)? Is this true?

Hey Dean, The laws are still basically the same as before as far as darkness. All cars are 32% all around, Trucks, Vans & SUV's are 32% on front windows & 15% on rear windows. Trucks can have any darkness on the rear window only. 6" strip on windshields.

Not much changed except the wording of the law to include out of state drivers :thumb

Guest deanjones
Hey Dean, The laws are still basically the same as before as far as darkness. All cars are 32% all around, Trucks, Vans & SUV's are 32% on front windows & 15% on rear windows. Trucks can have any darkness on the rear window only. 6" strip on windshields.

Not much changed except the wording of the law to include out of state drivers :thumb

Thanks! Maybe I misread it all... I thought they changed it to allow darker films at one point and then changed it to only allow 32% on any vehicle... I thought I just got out of buying 20% film! haha

Guest deanjones

Are station wagons considered cargo vehicles? In that, can we do the rear of the vehicle darker than the front such as we do for trucks, suv's and vans? I mean, it's pretty much the same thing as an SUV, just lower to the ground!

Are station wagons considered cargo vehicles? In that, can we do the rear of the vehicle darker than the front such as we do for trucks, suv's and vans? I mean, it's pretty much the same thing as an SUV, just lower to the ground!

Nope. 32%vlt is max. Wagons don't meet the definition of a multipurpose passenger vehicle under Ga law.

Guest deanjones
Nope. 32%vlt is max. Wagons don't meet the definition of a multipurpose passenger vehicle under Ga law.

I didn't think so... It's strange though, isn't it?!

Oh well, I'm sure I can talk the guy out of it. :lol2 I've managed to talk a few people out of their "I want it DARK" tirades. hehe

Thanks Harvey.

Guest arposadas
Not much changed except the wording of the law to include out of state drivers :lol2

So whats the deal with this? My vehicle has to be legal for Ga. if I travel through Ga.?

check out thread tittled "Georgia to Ticket and Jail for LEGAL Tint" posted by TD. Has an article and lots of member opinions. Good Reading! :lol2

Guest Key West

Then explain to me the PT Cruiser. Is it built on a truck frame, and/or designed for occasional off-road use? (That defines "Multi-purpose" SUV) We have tossed this back and forth, we don't know :lol2 Niether does the state!!! :beer:beer

Archived