Film types - how would you rate Solarguard??

[

Polyester is available in many thicknesses beginning around a half mil. Thickness only leads to thicker film, it has nothing to do with quality of product. :nope

:booga

I mean the same thickness films.

ALL american mafucturers (Bekaert, FTI, Llumar, Madico etc) proclame DuPont. But as I know, lot of such kind of product are made in India, China etc..So why they proclame DuPont? Because brand is strong?

On our practice - Solar Gard was (I don't use it some 4 years) much softer than Courtaulds. May be a am wrong???

Yes Leo there are many films made in India... they are seeping into the US market a little at a time, but mostly you will see them more on a global scale (no pun intended). :thumb

I am unaware of any China connection to film making, though. :thumb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I know main polyester manufacturers R in South Korea and India, there R some in Russia but quality :thumb As I heard there will be plant in Russia too :thumb

Spoke with belgian partners - they know Bekaert style of work - they thought that all american will be out of business during some time and manufacturing will be in some cheap place. As I know mr. Fletcher from DTI is out of business, so belgian's start their programm. Really I am not in course of this situation - but... On my mind very soon competition will make american manufacturer to wotk outside US, and I think partly they do it. All color films from Solar Gard R made somwhere, the same with DECOGARD (DECOLITE by MADICO) etc. So why to proclame one deal and make other? Like told one famous russian dramaturg: "I DONT BELIEVE"

I've used both. And both are good films to install with good warranty. The worst thing I find with Solargard is that it is hard to match up to other brands of film, especially their Sterling series. Also Solargards security films have a yellowish tint to them unless you specify Water White. Personally I'll stick with the Llumar.

I've used both. And both are good films to install with good warranty. The worst thing I find with Solargard is that it is hard to match up to other brands of film, especially their Sterling series. Also Solargards security films have a yellowish tint to them unless you specify Water White. Personally I'll stick with the Llumar.

:ars:thumb:nope Water White... I am strongly don't know WHO IS REAL MANUFACTURER fo Water White :thumbdown SOLAR GARD is strong brand - behind him must be strong suppliers...DTI (San Diego), ??????? who else????

Archived