Film types - how would you rate Solarguard??

How does Solarguard rate compared to Llumar and Vista??

I did a search and couldn't find anything.. which I though there used to be a topic with the different films. (Could have been on the old forums)

Quality, color, warrenty, etc.

Thanks!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used Solargard for 10+ years and have had a great experience, however, I have never heard complaints about llumar either. I think you'll find a lot of different people using a lot of different brands in this forum. Best Avenue is to try different brands, see how you like the film and the company, and go with your instincts.

I've used them both quite a bit......prefer Solargard. I know plenty of tinters that prefer llumar though.......I guess it's just what ever you think after you use 'em...personal preference

Guest Sprinter

last time I installed some solgard the edges pelled up on a few windows on the house, and when I did a car it took forever to dry out, used hp. if the distributers wer'nt so unfriendly I might of stayed with them.

I give my buisness to just about everybody, which may not be a good thing I dont know, but we use 3M for residential, Solargard for commercial, Sungard for cars and a little LLumar thrown in all over. Just brought on Huper Optic as well and I like the clarity and the look. We are thinking about narrowing it down to just 2 or 3 film companys to simplify things. :40

Guest skeeter

The simple fact of the matter is if you place 2 comprables together, say Llumar's N1040 and SolarGards SS35, you can not tell them apart. There are many conventional films in both companies line ups which are essentially the same. Ask for references - both good and unfortunate experiences (glass breakage) from your dealers. The dealers which handled the unfortunate incidents and are still given the thumbs up are the one to go with. Only for conventional films though, the latest technology films are far more complex in the decision process. :cool

Archived