99 grand prix third brake light

Guest arposadas

Guest arposadas
:hmmm This is my own vehicle I'm practicing on. Looks like the whole rear deck has to come out. Any suggestions? Don't like the look with it cut out. :shoot1

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I added links to the tools I was refering to, but if you do want to yank the deck, you can do it a couple of different ways.

The easiest way is to pull the back seat (where your back rests) 2 bolts, and lift it up and out then pull the 2 "C" pillar panels off, then you will see the 3 clips that hold the deck in, pull those out and pull upwards and tward you to get the deck out.

OR you could just get a bulldozer and dozer scrubbie and not have to yank the deck out :hmmm:shoot1

I haul the deck/seats out after you do it once it only takes 5 minutes for removal and 5 minutes to put back . The benefit of doing that your arms get that much closer to the bottom of the window and no contamination issues with the deck . Those 10 extra minutes is worth the extra ease in an install IMO especially if it's your own car AND you've never done one B4..you can't help for your first one going easier with deck out of the way :hmmm

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
Definately get a Bulldozer. You will need it on other cars down the line also. Sometimes I put masking tape down along the bottom edge of the package tray (about 4") to keep contamination down.

I put masking tape on one car and had to pull the back deck lid panel off to get the tape back off. It was one of those jobs where the glass is real close to the panel and the tape wouldn't release. Stick it on your shirt before you put in on any fabric.

Archived