07 Porsche 911 Turbo

Guest PRO_FINISH

Guest PRO_FINISH

I am going to be tinting a 07 Porsche 911 Turbo in the near future. I was wondering if anyone has any recommedations on how to approach this car. So far I've heard not to used metalized tint due to GPS, etc. Any recommendations?

Guest chip01

Done a few in metalised film, not a problem but to ensure you get the film well below the rub rail on the fronts really you need to use a HP film and not NR otherwise it could peel. Also the back glass is better to be reverse rolled and not frankie style as there isn't a great deal of space in the back. This goes for the small quaters as well, I would recommend for these that you put the front seats forward and put a board (foamex or persepex) in the back for you to put the patterns on instead of struggling to get the into the back of the motor to get the cleanest install.

Guest Tintim

Done an 07 they are slightly different in the build. Back three windows are piece of cake - however you do them. Fronts we removed door panels so that tint finishes below the interior seal. We charge more for these cars and obviously you don't want a car coming back ever with peeling windows - especially if you've charged more. Also customers with 911 Turbo won't want a cheap job - the two are incompatiable. Porsche owners generally want it perfect right first time and will pay for that.

On front windows they can be removed they are just clamped in place. The interior seal and exterior seal are now one complete unit and very tight to the glass. Getting front windows out is relatively easy (if you want) but door fixings are in different places. Note on the 07 model there is nothing under the silver airbag logo. good luck :dumbass

Archived