50 year old seals...too much trash

have fun. no way in hell there is gonna be at least one winodw without a speck :lol2

FUN????? I dont see that happening! Dont get me wrong, Im not expecting perfection. Im just looking for a clean install on difficult seals. Theres got to be a better way. I even took my Dremel tool with a cutting wheel to those seals. That makes for a pretty clean install but is slow and very dusty. The office looked like we were sanding sheetrock. Gotta be a better way.

:beer

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

yea some of the windows on some of the buildings on this project I am working are absolutly nasty. I was actually embarassed on how some of the windows turned out.

Moutainman,

Thats too funny. I can hear him now..."Just make sure you give me a clean install"

That reminds me of the residential jobs you go on and the place is a pig pen. Windows dirty as heck and then when your done the customer trys to bust your chops if theres one smudge on the glass. Is that on the inside or the outside? Hhmmm oh what that..... yeah thats on the outside... You really want to say , get real lady. This place is a wreck and your now worried about a freakin smudge on the glass, could barely see outta the freakin windows before we got here.

:dunno

-SF

Guest mischief
just sell them the blackout tape roll

What is blackout tape? I have a job I could really use that. Little skinny window in a media room (about 4" tall by 60" x 2) in a deep set frame. We are installing black out and the edge is going to show really badly. I was going to caulk it, but a tape would be much easier to work with. Where do I get it!

Guest mischief
Since this is a hospital, it is safe to assume evrything in the rooms/halls are immaculate.

Bulldog, where do you live man? I've been spending a lot of time recently in hospital and they are anything but immaculate, especially around the windows behind the curtain where no one looks.

Archived