Tinting for other shops in their shop

Guest tiger_football

I guess the method of pay would dictate how the volume discounts are applied. For example, if they pay daily you could charge your regular fee for cars 1-10, then whatever discount you guys agree to for cars 11-20 and so on for the given month or time period. You can do this for a couple of months to see how many cars they send you on average then renegotiate if needed. I know this sounds like a task but this ensures that you get fair compensation for your work. Plus, summer is right around the corner which can be used for leverage. Hope this helps. Good luck

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dan, my advice is the same I'd give everyone... Use them to your advantage for as long as it works for you but watch out for 2 things;

1) If they have lots of work, the danger is that keeping up with it all will keep you from building up your own business clientele,

2) If you ever part ways, then you'll have given their shop a good reputation and you'll find that your own reputation is nonexistent.

These issues can come back to haunt you regardless of how much money you make.

Guest streetsounds

they pay for the tint so I pretty much work for him and get 1099 at the end of the year I dont know how many cars u can do there

butworks out good for everyone here :eyebrows

oo and I work only there every day to

Guest rich1920

dan, my advice is the same I'd give everyone... Use them to your advantage for as long as it works for you but watch out for 2 things;

1) If they have lots of work, the danger is that keeping up with it all will keep you from building up your own business clientele,

2) If you ever part ways, then you'll have given their shop a good reputation and you'll find that your own reputation is nonexistent.

These issues can come back to haunt you regardless of how much money you make.

[/quote :thumb

keep your prices where they are and tell them if they want you to do stuff for them, you get x% of total job cost... dont go work for them and sell yourself short... tint all their vehicles with one of your business cards strategically placed in the center console saying "thanks for your business" bahahahahaha :eyebrows:shock:lol2

the problem with working for another shop that marks up your price is that after a short time, you'll be wondering to yourself why you aren't charging the same prices to YOUR retail customers. On top of that, you'll be wondering why people are choosing them over YOU when they've called you and them.

It's a very frustrating dillemma... I've personally dealt with this:

Customer: "yeah, I've got an 02 Accord and I want to tint it, how much do you charge?"

YOU: "$---.xx dollars, sir."

Customer: "Okay, thanks. I'll get back to you...

Guy @ Shop Where U Sub: " Hey dude, come in tomorrow, we've got an 02 Accord for you to tint"

:dunno

The problem is, if you tell customers who DO call you not to call the other shop because you're the guy who does the work there and they can get it for less from you, and then they call that shop and demand the price you charge, You're in a very stiiiickkky situation.

H

haha nah man im not sure if you understood right, they make $60.00 profit off of every car they give me. I make alot more than that, but I was just saying, $60.00 is alot considering all they do is book the appointment and tell me to come down, I was thinking more along the lines of keeping my prices as is, and then they make around $20.00, that sounds fair to me lol, they already got pissed at me because I chan ged y prices a lil bit and they made a display board saying how much tinting cost. they sayd the board cost them over $100.00. I thought that was the dumbest thing they could have done, considering if my tint prices go up, if the cars arder and I want to charge more,ect. Its just been bad news at that shop for me from when I first starting tinting for them.

Archived