Band pass or ported.

Guest R1chardpease

Guest rcjello

why do ppl think sealed is the sq box. thats crazy. Ported is the best box design for efficiency. SQ comes from amp selection and subwoofer and signal. You can get the best sound out of your subs with a ported box. There is no preference its just fact.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why do ppl think sealed is the sq box. thats crazy. Ported is the best box design for efficiency. SQ comes from amp selection and subwoofer and signal. You can get the best sound out of your subs with a ported box. There is no preference its just fact.

Are you High ?? Grab a Spectrum Analyzer, shove the mic in and see for yourself... Sealed IS better all around for sound Q.

this can become quite the p1ss1ng contest.

PORTED is a generic term that will encompass a great number of factors. A well TUNE Ported box will sound better until the bottom end roll off. If you try and play notes below that then you will get a distorted sound.

If you want the best sound down to and even below the Free Air Resonance then a proper sized, sealed box, will be the best.

Now most music will not go low enough to matter unless it is electronic music to include Hip-hop or Rap.....

so.....let the discussion ensue.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Are you High ?? Grab a Spectrum Analyzer, shove the mic in and see for yourself... Sealed IS better all around for sound Q.
right on :dunno

unless for some reason you dont want the low octave :dunno

:lol2:thumb sealed is the best for SQ, ported or bandpass if your after SPL :dunno

Guest CajunTinter
:lol2:nope sealed is the best for SQ, ported or bandpass if your after SPL :lol2

:nope:lol2:lol2

Guest kflemin9

I prefer the ported my self but im into the lower notes which im thinkin if you want stupid loud go ported assuming u have the room for it.

p.s.- regardless of which way you go build it to factory specs and u should be satisfied

Guest fredstinting
I've got some subs I got a great deal on they aren't very big ( 8 10" Total Mobile Audio single voice coil subs.) I'm wanting to put in a wall and I was wondering if I should do a band pass wall or a ported wall or a sealed wall any advice or oher suggestions?

do a port box really a squar port (vented box) you get better control of the speaker and you will gain +3db just by porting it

takes a little more air space but not noticable band bass is good if you dont have much room you can do isobaric or push and pull band pass the only problem with them it takes twice the power thats were kicker .to get good hard bass cause you wire some of them together and woofers work as one .got thats were kicker solbaric came from basicly which is the concept of isobaric double the bass in half the space .

but get alot of distortion

stick with a ported subbox more efficient

if you can't make it do a seal encloser cause if you make mistake on calculation it more forgiving

Archived