Band pass or ported.

Guest R1chardpease

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fredstinting
which is the concept of isobaric double the bass in half the space .but get alot of distortion

Actually if You do an isobaric set up with two woofers You get LESS distortion, because the opposing cones support each other.

put it a osilloscope and watch the meter for distortion you are thinking that in a clams shell set you dont hear the distortion cause its bass but its there

not a efficeint set up you wire 1 woofer out of phase and 1 inphase this is the push and pull it creats . takes 2 woofers and plays it as 1 woofer and double the power it need to get the output of 2 single woofers out put .

which is the concept of isobaric double the bass in half the space .but get alot of distortion

Actually if You do an isobaric set up with two woofers You get LESS distortion, because the opposing cones support each other.

put it a osilloscope and watch the meter for distortion you are thinking that in a clams shell set you dont hear the distortion cause its bass but its there

not a efficeint set up you wire 1 woofer out of phase and 1 inphase this is the push and pull it creats . takes 2 woofers and plays it as 1 woofer and double the power it need to get the output of 2 single woofers out put .

the actual fact is that the push pull set up will reduce distortion on the output of the woofers. The cone flex and other factors are canceled out because of the opposite directions.

I had a nasty little setup with 4 Cerwin Vega 15" in a face to face dual chamber round ported box that I built to the specs that the manny called for. It was a total of 5 cubic feet of air space and fit in the trunk of a 1987 Cavalier. I was pushing them with a PPI Pro-mos 425 amp for a short time. Dual 4 ohm drivers wired for a 1 ohm stereo load. Just one half of a "100 watt" amp....the other two channels were driving 8" vegas in the doors with kicker 4" in the dash and some tweeters also...

Was a very nice setup for BFE back in 1993 or 94....

Archived