PPF QUESTIONS...

Guest momo

Hello everyone I?m back with a few more questions. I was out today trying to find someone with a printer, who would be willing to cut some PPF patterns for me. I found a guy willing, but he would like to know first 1) What type of blade to use for cutting the film? 2) At what angle to set the blade? He is going to charge me either a flat rate or $30 a hour, depending on how long it takes him to cut the film and if it damages his blades. Can anyone tell what the average time is for cutting a kit? And does it damage the blade?

I need to buy the software. It sounds like everyone likes the venture shield software. Does it work on 3M and the other PPF? What should I be expecting to pay for the software? You guys can PM that answer if you wish to do so. Which size of rolls will I need to carry to make the necessary film to make my kits? Last on guys, how many kits can I make from a roll of film?

Thank you so much.

Guest darkdan

Sounds like you're getting the short end of that stick.

Either:

a.) Get a credit card, buy a plotter.

b.) Hand cut

c.) Get deposits and order pre-cuts and upcharge "Because you don't cut on their paint"

Sounds like you're getting the short end of that stick.

Either:

a.) Get a credit card, buy a plotter.

b.) Hand cut

c.) Get deposits and order pre-cuts and upcharge "Because you don't cut on their paint"

How so? When I get a kit at wholesale from___ distributor, they say it is wholesale but I know for a fact that the kits are marked up. I just don?t know how much. I could break it down, but I don?t know how many kits I can get from a roll.

The reason I?m going this route is because I need to give some GM?s my wholesale price. As well all know there is wholesale and retail pricing. I figure if I can cut out the middle man I may have a higher profit margin. My retail price is already 'marked up'. I don?t want to buy a plotter right now I just don't want to take on that kind od debt, perhaps in the future if I open up a shop.

Can anyone answer my questions? Purrty please, thanks.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

If you actually break it down what a "precut" kit cost, and how much material is wasted :beer kits aren't marked up more than mabye $20.00.

and that is for someone to run it through the plotter and weed it all out for you, PPF material is not cheap.

but as far as how many kits per roll, that all depends on the size of the vehicles you are doing just like tint, you will get more cars per roll when doing kia sephias than when doing ford five hundreds

:hmmm I don't do alot of PPF, but I did figure it out a long time ago that kits are the way to go. :dunno

Guest darkdan

You want a 60 degree blade.

No it won't damage it.

You'll have to play around with the pressure depending on the brand.

Don't forget, you're going to have pay A LOT for software for him to be able to cut out the patterns. That crap ain't cheap. Or pay a certain amount for each pattern.

This guy isn't going to be able to look at a picture and design a template. It takes a lot of skill and trial and error and actual installing to design those templates. That's why about 3 or 4 companies do it and make a lot of money selling them.

So you're already looking at a lot of money.

Bite the bullet and keep ordering precuts.

For most tint shops PPF is an upsell for the trendy client who is serious about their investment. I install bulk and precut it all depends on the application . If you network a good deal for precuts from someone who cutting most of the day, you dont have to stock, weed, pay dap fees or pay an computer geek.. I prefer to sell and install films....more $$$ per hour. PPF bulk is not cheap even a dealer costs.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
not to highjack the thread but what is the life span of PPF and what do yall think of madcows PPF?

When I first started doing it, it looked great as far as lonjevity (sc) I have had it on one of my vehicles for about 5 years, other than being beat up still looks good.

As far as their new run to me it looks like shiat lots of contamination in the film itself, don't know if its like that everywhere or just here in AZ, but some of the kits I've gotten recently, were SHIAT :beer

:lol:lol

Archived