llumars clay film

I think the main hoopla on the ATX is that is will not interfere with any radio frequency........are they saying that it is a ceramic film?

I cant really find what they are calling it, but they are saying its not like the "traditional ceramic films" and calling it a "hybrid". :thumb does that mean "kinda" ceramic? :thumb

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
I think the main hoopla on the ATX is that is will not interfere with any radio frequency........are they saying that it is a ceramic film?
I cant really find what they are calling it, but they are saying its not like the "traditional ceramic films" and calling it a "hybrid". :beer does that mean "kinda" ceramic? :thumb

"Hybrid" -a thing made by combining two different elements.

Some ceramic films fall under this definition but I think CP would like to differentiate ATX from ceramic. Check the ingredients and see if they are recognized by the American Society of Ceramics, if not, then call it what you'd like.

Guest deanjones
I cant really find what they are calling it, but they are saying its not like the "traditional ceramic films" and calling it a "hybrid". :beer does that mean "kinda" ceramic? :thumb

Cermit. They're calling it Cermit. Seriously...

From what my rep told me, it's a mix of a few metals and ceramic. So, being that most of my customers that have called around have heard the word "Ceramic" tossed at them a half dozen times, I just say "Ceramic based film".

Guest deanjones

What gets me is that the Pinnacle series film has much better performance numbers than this film but also claims it doesn't interfere with car electronics. AND, they're about the same price per roll as well...

Guest Sprinter
It's "Kermit".....oops, I mean cermit. WhateverTF that is.

Specs for ATX

VLT -VLR - UV - TSER

ATX05: 5% 8% <1% 55%

ATX15: 14% 8% <1% 50%

ATX30: 30% 8% <1% 44%

ATX40: 40% 9% <1% 40%

ATX50: 50% 10% <1% 35%

Not nearly high heat rejection. Just barely better than ATR CH.

for a non metal film these rejection #'s are very decent :thumb remember that carbon 5% from suntk rejects 44% everything eles is around 40%

Guest deanjones
for a non metal film these rejection #'s are very decent :thumb remember that carbon 5% from suntk rejects 44% everything eles is around 40%

That's the thing though... it's not a non-metal film. They actually use metals in the film from what I've been told. These metals just don't have any effect on electronics. Keep in mind this is what my rep told me. I have yet to find literature to confirm this.

Archived