Need Advice, minor specs in some installs

I have a 5 gallon sprayer tank I fill about 30lbs of pressure. I use johnson's baby shampoo and water for my mount solution. Used them for years. Usually after I razor blade the glass, I'll squeegee, then I'll spray downwards so any other loose dirt get pushed down the door seal by the pressure. My installs are typically pretty clean, but lately I have been getting customers complaining about a spec here and there in the install. Are they just another overly 4|\|4L customer or do I need to do something about my tank? The sprayer itself even has its own small filter inside that I've cleaned and still doesn't help much. I have heard of puting an in-line fuel filter on the hose, but has anyone done that? or am I just getting 4|\|4L customers lately :spit ? Appreciate any advice. :spit

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's an aftermarket product that is NEVER going to be PERFECT....if it is 2 or 3 specks then tell them to live with it.....unless you can be in a perfect "clean room" then there will be some minor specks

Thats exactly what I said, there is no way I can eliminate all types of floating debris. I just wasnt sure if it was just me or an 4|\|4L customer, I'll probably give the guy his money back, strip it and walk. I knew something was up when his face was inches away from the window surveying every inch of the glass looking for an error

Guest deanjones
Thats exactly what I said, there is no way I can eliminate all types of floating debris. I just wasnt sure if it was just me or an 4|\|4L customer, I'll probably give the guy his money back, strip it and walk. I knew something was up when his face was inches away from the window surveying every inch of the glass looking for an error

If you think it's really not all that bad and the specs aren't much, I'd tell him to take it to another window tinting shop and tell him to show it all to them and ask them if it's bad or not...

Everyone gets a few very minor specs on their film. I can find a spec here and there in everyone's work.

Guest tintgod

try using bottled water.the 5 gal bottles are not that expensive if you ask me..it is much cleaner then water out of the tap... :rollin

Bottled, filtered, or toilet, it doesn't matter what kind of water you use if you get dust and dirt from the air or the vehicle itself.

If you've only got 2 or 3 specks, then heat them and press them out. If the guy isn't happy with that, you won't be able to make him happy.

I'd seriously ask the guy why he thinks it's even possible to get a perfect installation.

BTW, shouldn't you know what's possible with 7 years exp.?

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I use DI (deionized water) in my tanks, but I also put 125 lbs of pressure in my tanks more pressure, less cont. IMO :rollin

Tell the guy to take it to another shop and have them look at it....ask if they would do a better job....if they tell him they can then make a deal with him. You strip it off, he takes it to them, they do the tint, he brings it back to you and you "inspect" the new tint job! IF it is BETTER than yours then you will give him his money back. Otherwise he is just out the money!!!!!

Of course you just tell him you are going to judge it with the same scrutiny that he is using.

Archived