93 stealth

want2modmygt

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

LOL!

Good luck.

back glass is a PITA to shrink. Matrix on top IIRC. Depending on how you do it, that stupid banana shaped spoiler/wing needs to be removed. Good luck getting it off too. You have to remove all the plastic on the inside, take off the motor for the wiper blade, then remove the wing.

Some people can do it with the wing in place.

Side windows need to be shrank....a LOT!

Door panels do come off pretty easy if it helps you. Otherwise, the doors are frameless and shouldn't need it (I do just so a finger doesn't pop up and bring in 13 years of dirt). There's just some screws here and there and such.

Quarter glass needs to be shrank!! I can't remember if it's the stealth or the 3000gt, but it's much easier to turn it sideways so the factory edges are front and back instead of top and bottom.

My new rule is no stealths/3000gts for anything less than DOUBLE what I charge for a 4 door car. Let the guy down the street deal with it.

Also prepare yourself for a VERY picky customer. They feel they have the coolest car in the world (especially the twin turbo ones) and even worse if it's just the base model because he was too poor to buy a fast one!

You're screwed.

what counts as curvy? older model Celica back glass? Ford Probes (owners also have a superiority complex, I've noticed). I did do a late 80's camaro. it turned out "okay." it was when I was learning. I wouldnt let it fly today, but for the $80 it cost the guy for the whole car, he got over it.

All I have to say is sheeeit. sounds like I should call him and see if he can get his car here any earlier. :DD

Guest haroldshouseoftint
what counts as curvy? older model Celica back glass? Ford Probes (owners also have a superiority complex, I've noticed). I did do a late 80's camaro. it turned out "okay." it was when I was learning. I wouldnt let it fly today, but for the $80 it cost the guy for the whole car, he got over it.

All I have to say is sheeeit. sounds like I should call him and see if he can get his car here any earlier. :lol6

None of those cars compare to a stealth, and I agree with 1 piece, amatures :gasp:gasp

That car should take about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs just because of all the shrinking involved and the 14 years of dirt in it, but depending on your exp. it may take alot longer :lol6

Guest Key West

All I have to say is sheeeit. sounds like I should call him and see if he can get his car here any earlier. :gasp

If you've never done one, get it there early and TAKE YOUR TIME!! Severe BIOTCH of a car, somewhat like a new Bug. Sides are no easier than the back. DD is right, I charge AT LEAST double for them, cuz I can do 2 or 3 civics/jettas in the same time as it takes to do one of those. What really pisses you off is actually turning away a couple of easy cars because you're in the middle of one of them!!! :lol6:lol6:gasp:lol2

Guest willie
None of those cars compare to a stealth, and I agree with 1 piece, amatures :lol2:lol

That car should take about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs just because of all the shrinking involved and the 14 years of dirt in it, but depending on your exp. it may take alot longer :lol6

You 2 are laughing now.......where were you in 92 when they came out and before heat shrinking :gasp:lol6:gasp

Guest haroldshouseoftint
You 2 are laughing now.......where were you in 92 when they came out and before heat shrinking :lol6:lol2:lol

:hmmm I was doing the doors in 2 pieces, and the back glass in 5 or 6 I honestly can't remember its been quite a while since I pieced one :gasp

Oh ya and I was right here in AZ before heat shrinking, the sun used to shrink em pretty good though :lol2:lol2:lol6:gasp

Archived