Advice regarding exterior application

Guest Solscreen

Hanita have a new film VLT of 70% Absorbtion 26% TSER 49% suitable for all glass, IDEAL FOR SHOP FRONTS..

Fitting external, nightmare springs to mind, one gust of wind, and theres goes another piece wasted.

Sol

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
being a showroom, my guess is that they're tempered too....which means that yes, pretty much any film can be used. I wouldn't do an exterior application. definitely interior.

I concur

personally I would do some cold steel 70 or even 50%.

depends on what they want the appearance to?? :thumb

that Sungard film Nova is very good heat blocking film, but I've seen the life span of that stuff I would not recommend. Like vclimb said, would they even cover any warranty on that??.

Guest darkdan
Hanita have a new film VLT of 70% Absorbtion 26% TSER 49% suitable for all glass, IDEAL FOR SHOP FRONTS..

Sol

Which film is that?

Guest Key West
being a showroom, my guess is that they're tempered too....which means that yes, pretty much any film can be used. I wouldn't do an exterior application. definitely interior.

Yeah,.....What Blade said!!! Glad I could help!!! :thumb

Guest darkdan
:rollin

I'd probably look at Vista VS-60 at 58% TSER if the F2G result is acceptable. It won't be cheap though...

Oh yeah, because anyone can buy Vista.

I concur

personally I would do some cold steel 70 or even 50%.

depends on what they want the appearance to?? :rollin

that Sungard film Nova is very good heat blocking film, but I've seen the life span of that stuff I would not recommend. Like vclimb said, would they even cover any warranty on that??.

I have Nova 35 on half my house. It has been on here for 4 years or a bit more. I did an office in town with Nova 50 about 6 years ago. I have one job that I did 8 years ago with Nova 50 that I see often.....

I have not seen any problems with any of those. I have only seen one time of a problem and it was an entry door that had a sign held up with suction cups. The film changed color in the circles where the suction cups were attached. I turned a film warranty claim on that one and got it replaced no problem.

So? I am not sure what you have seen or if it is just the less severe climate in Southern IL that is the factor.....but, I have had no issues with it.

I have Nova 35 on half my house. It has been on here for 4 years or a bit more. I did an office in town with Nova 50 about 6 years ago. I have one job that I did 8 years ago with Nova 50 that I see often.....

I have not seen any problems with any of those. I have only seen one time of a problem and it was an entry door that had a sign held up with suction cups. The film changed color in the circles where the suction cups were attached. I turned a film warranty claim on that one and got it replaced no problem.

So? I am not sure what you have seen or if it is just the less severe climate in Southern IL that is the factor.....but, I have had no issues with it.

probably differen climates in different parts of the country would be a big factor. im talking this stuff at a crown plaza hotel, with over 200 windows with that stuff already bubbled, and faded.

Archived