Why are there Flame marks in my ceramic tint?

Guest dunnojack

Guest Key West
well....never done a lexus...but have done alot of camrys....and to the best of my recollection, ive never shrunk one. :spit gotta go with willie on this one...its rare for me to shrink side glass....and as TDZ said...if I did....it wouldnt leave my shop lookin like that :poke

I haven't seen a toyota or lexus side glass that needed to be shrunk. And I'm lazy, I'll shrink a finger before I'll fight one to lay down! :poke

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest irishhanks2

:lol2

I got Johnson "top of the line" ceramic tint 7 days ago.

http://www.johnsonwindowfilms.com/IR.php

I got the tint at a very popular and reputable shop in So Cal.

I have flame marks coming from the bottom of the glass on all 4 doors.

40% in front, 30% in back.

So I don't think this is a film defect.

Why do I have these patterns?

tinthr8.jpg

:lol2 but to me, my opinion not to discredit anyones ideas. It looks like shrink marks that ghost kinda like when you shrink mirror films. don't know for sure just my idea don't wanna up set the cry babies with my ideas.

Guest irishhanks2
I do not heat door glasses. I have had this discussion on here several times. sometimes its makes it a bigger pain, but its something I just dont do. Since those stealths came out before I knew how to heat shrink I prefer my method over heat. Asdk solarspot Ive senn him stand there and wonder what the hell Im doing and not heating it.

Like it said. Some do and some dont, its just a preference :lol2

:lol2 just an idea dont wanna p1ss any one off, but wille if your going to sit there and tell every body you tinted a new beetle with out put heat on the side windows please inlitin the rest of us on this method

and Atlanta I agree with you on the dry shrink. your heating a wider area of the film so their is less heat in any one spot :err

Guest irishhanks2

warningThese are my ideas.just my thoughts;If you are the weak minded dont read this : I don't think who ever tinted that car knows what the hell there doing, I mean look at the size of those fingers, the only time I ever see fingers that big are on a back glass of a bug. I mean for cring out loud we all see it ,just say it, thats a hack job. there's is no reson to have fingers that big on a side window of that car. just my ideas dont want up set the cry babies

Guest willie
:lol2 just an idea dont wanna p1ss any one off, but wille your a lier if your going to sit there and tell every body you tinted a new beetle with out put heat on the side windows just a thought but if you can please inlitin the rest of us on this method

and Atlanta I agree with you on the dry shrink. your heating a wider area of the film so their is less heat in any one spot :lol2

Dude, I'm one of only a few that are trying to give you the benefit of the doubt around here.

Before you go to calling people names, especially liars, I'll make this deal with you.

Call enterprise rent a car there in South Carolina. Rent a VW bug 2000 model and up.

Drive down to Texas look me up and watch me do it.

Heres the deal, if I cant do a vw bug glass with NO HEAT I will gladly get on my knees and kiss your azz for someone to post a picture here on TD. On the other hand once you watch in utter amazement at how simple those doors are to do without heat, you will get on your knees and kiss my azz for a picture to be posted here on TD.

Other wise until you are man enough to take me up on this bet, shut the phuck up until you know what Ican and cant do.

Its pretty simple, man up or shut up :err

Guest irishhanks2
Dude, I'm one of only a few that are trying to give you the benefit of the doubt around here.

Before you go to calling people names, especially liars, I'll make this deal with you.

Call enterprise rent a car there in South Carolina. Rent a VW bug 2000 model and up.

Drive down to Texas look me up and watch me do it.

Heres the deal, if I cant do a vw bug glass with NO HEAT I will gladly get on my knees and kiss your azz for someone to post a picture here on TD. On the other hand once you watch in utter amazement at how simple those doors are to do without heat, you will get on your knees and kiss my azz for a picture to be posted here on TD.

Other wise until you are man enough to take me up on this bet, shut the phuck up until you know what Ican and cant do.

Its pretty simple, man up or shut up :beer

willie I sorry that came off to strong what I meant was I have never heard of any one tinting the side windows on a bug with out heat. If you can do this and it turned out good please inlite me on this method agian I apologize for the earler statement I was just shocked at you statement :beer I f you can really do that then you are the man

Guest willie
willie I sorry that came off to strong what I meant was I have never heard of any one tinting the side windows on a bug with out heat. If you can do this and it turned out good please inlite me on this method agian I apologize for the earler statement I was just shocked at you statement :beer I f you can really do that then you are the man

:) I dayumm sure aint the man, theres boys on here that could put me to shame.

You got mail on the technique. The oldtimers will remember how to pull and stretch before heat shrinking was even heard of. Theres nothing wrong with heating those windows even us oldtimers have to try things every once in awhile. I will admit that I have been testing it.

Its all good and thanks for the pm :beer

Guest willie
ill take you up on that offer..but it has to be in the same amount of time it would be if you shrunk it..any longer ..and you pay for the car and the gas to get there and back.. :beer

..a pic of you kissing someones ass is not what I want to see or be involved with.. :):beer

:beer its quite a bit longer and a helluva alot harder, its just a stupid grouchy old tinter pride thing.

Dude come on down, I'll pay for the gas. I want tosee you work in this 107 degree

117 heat index weather :beer

Guest irishhanks2
:beer its quite a bit longer and a helluva alot harder, its just a stupid grouchy old tinter pride thing.

Dude come on down, I'll pay for the gas. I want tosee you work in this 107 degree

117 heat index weather :)

for goodness sakes don't do it man I have lived there they say its a dry heat DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS :beer it means its f'n hot let me explan

------------------------- ------in the east ------------------------------------az.

on every other corner

snowcone .................................................. water

you sweat and know you........................you don't sweat you just die

need to drink something.........................from thurst u didn't know u had

before you die..................................big ass chiller unit on top of

a/c units in the window.......................the house like something you

....................................................................see on top of business

if you can get past the heat (which you can't don't try)

it is one of the most beautiful places you'll ever see and the people are nice

of couse if you got a southern draw like me the will want you to talk a lot so they

can say u talk funny good luck willie :beer dont leave him in the sun to long

Archived