Why are there Flame marks in my ceramic tint?

Guest dunnojack

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mhun9180

As I said before, the JWF 30% tends to be more suceptible to ghosting. But if they dry shrink it or don't shrink it at all it will be fine. :spit

I do lexus's all the time, you can see my myspace page to check out the pics. its the film that is the problem. the johnson ceramic is very very new. the tint on your car is probably the first lot. so they are probably expecting bugs. have the owner inspect it and have him/her contact johnson about it. its rediculous that he even talked his way out of that one. like some on this board, I hardly ever shrink side doors, there are many that need it but I tend not too. on a lexus though I know that the rears dont need any shrinkage depending on technique. I pull panels so I dont need to shrink those, but on the new model IS and the older model GS you do need to shrink the FRONT doors, but not the rear.

johnson sent a guy out to show me the new ceramic stuff, but I turned him away cuz the stuff was too light to sell here in southern cali. glad I didnt ask for a sample.

Guest dunnojack
johnson sent a guy out to show me the new ceramic stuff, but I turned him away cuz the stuff was too light to sell here in southern cali. glad I didnt ask for a sample.

but it's a trade off. some people want performance over appearance.

The ceramic performs much better than dark dyed tint, and is safer at night in terms of visibility.

I'm a total n00b, but I doubt that the film is the problem. It should be no worse than madico.

If the IS350 ceramic tint can be snapped without ghosting, so can my GS350.

Here's another picture of the front glass. Would you guys give the customer a refund, or do it over?

gsfrontqq3.jpg

it would be redone for me, or refunded if the customer wanted that. if that happened to my film I would be mad and return all the film back to the distributor.

if stuff like that happens to tint from being shrunk it shouldnt be applied to curved glass. lexus gs fronts dont need to be shrunk that much I know for a fact cuz I dont even shrink them, so the fingers would have been minimal. and for a film to ghost that bad with just small fingers I would hate to see how it looked if it was a real curvy glass like a bug or vette door glass.

OH and I dont even carry dyed tint. its either metallic, carbon, or kermit (axcess) which can be considered ceramic because it is a non-conductive metal

Guest haroldshouseoftint
lexus is350

ceramic installed ..snapped them...and all was good...no ghosting

and you said you never learned anything from me :thumb :thumb :lol2

Archived