Why are there Flame marks in my ceramic tint?

Guest dunnojack

Guest mhun9180

Willie = Oldschool :dunno True-shitter watch and learn, don't speak.

You probably still use a hair dryer to dry out your five piece rear screen, ay Willie :klingon:beer j/k

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is the problem with "Ceramic" just being thrown out onto the market with no training anyone who has enough to buy a roll can buy it.

If you don't know how to shrink it, you WILL have every car you do come back with issues.

At least Huper and Madico did it right with their "buy in" to the program, that way you don't flood the market, and only the "better" installers/shops are going to have it, because not everyone wants to lay out the ducketts to get into the program. :klingon

this is just my :dunno but mark my words, Johnsons will ruin the ceramic market with how they are selling their ceramic line and this is the results they are getting with whom they are selling it to.

No the problem is that they don't show you waht you need to do to shrink the film, you have to learn on your own, after you see the problem, and learn the hard way. I had the same problem happen to me on a simple Volvo S60 rear window, using Huper 30, And just like Key west said. We where told HMMM never heard of that before! The real problem lies here! Ceramic film is made for flat app's, but they will gladly push it on the automotive market. Don't beleive me call any rep and ask them for thier auto line, and or thier Flat line, and you will find out they are one and the same.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
No the problem is that they don't show you waht you need to do to shrink the film, you have to learn on your own, after you see the problem, and learn the hard way. I had the same problem happen to me on a simple Volvo S60 rear window, using Huper 30, And just like Key west said. We where told HMMM never heard of that before! The real problem lies here! Ceramic film is made for flat app's, but they will gladly push it on the automotive market. Don't beleive me call any rep and ask them for thier auto line, and or thier Flat line, and you will find out they are one and the same.

:beer:beer Huper will show you how to shrink it, and a the point I was tring to make was just throwing a film out into the market place without any training, is where the problem lies.

I know ceramic, drei/sech, MAC are all FG films, but can be used on auto, if the proper training is applied :beer I don't have any problems with any of hupers or Madico's MAC line, but I do know alot that do :beer:beer

Guest vclimber

Yes that is true. Ceramic film was released for the flat glass market first. However, in the true spirit of entrepreneurship, it was taken to the automotive level by ones who figured out how to install it properly. The problem with shrinking a ceramic film is inherit to the product itself. Ceramic by nature dissipates heat. That is a problem when you are trying to heat up a piece of film in order to shrink it. So that is why it is hard to find installers, nonetheless reps, who know how to train you to work with the stuff. It's been an expensive "figure iit out as you go" kind of thing for most. Now couple that with a company like J that is new to the business of selling ceramic films. It can explain why you are finding it hard to find a rep that can help you out. Heck, they're still trying to figure out why they are having all of these QC problems with the film... One company had the foresight to patent the correct process of producing the film so that the ceramic component does not break up.

:rollin:hmmm Huper will show you how to shrink it, and a the point I was tring to make was just throwing a film out into the market place without any training, is where the problem lies.

I know ceramic, drei/sech, MAC are all FG films, but can be used on auto, if the proper training is applied :hmmm I don't have any problems with any of hupers or Madico's MAC line, but I do know alot that do :lol2:hmmm

Perhaps your Huper rep you gave you some advice on how the film needs to be shrunk, but mine gave nothing! It was trial and error for us, and a very expensive trial and error at that.

Guest vclimber
Perhaps your Huper rep you gave you some advice on how the film needs to be shrunk, but mine gave nothing! It was trial and error for us, and a very expensive trial and error at that.

How many cars do you suppose Andy has ever tinted? :rollin

Guest spanishhanks

New here so don't really know the "whole" story but you guys seem to be coming off as cocky jerks.

What I read:

Someone typed something thy shouldn't have to Willie.

they APOLOGIZED.

Willie accepted.

Did you guys even read that?

Shoulda ended there but more people posted azzholish remarks to the first guy. :lol

Do u guys know how to let s**t go ??

Here's hoping that was not a typical thread. :dunno

Oh and "hi". :lol2

Looked Great TT. :lol

Guest willie
New here so don't really know the "whole" story but you guys seem to be coming off as cocky jerks.

What I read:

Someone typed something thy shouldn't have to Willie.

they APOLOGIZED.

Willie accepted.

Did you guys even read that?

Shoulda ended there but more people posted azzholish remarks to the first guy. :lol

Do u guys know how to let s**t go ??

Here's hoping that was not a typical thread. :lol

Oh and "hi". :lol2

:lol Hello window girl :lol

So are you true tinters wife or that girl in all the pictures he posted :dunno

Archived