madico Auto Films

Hey Everyone I have a few questions about the color of this film. I got some swatches and I likey. I know from personal experience that Madico film used to come of the roll in a purple shade already, in my opinion. So the new stuff obviously does not appear purple to me so I was wanting to purchase some and I am a little worried that it might turn purple. Any longtime users of the revamped Madico hybrids that can give some inpute? Pros and Cons from personal use of Madico please. :evilgrin

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint

Your refering to the old TG series that looked purple out of the box, and still does to this day (they still make it)

I'm a 15 year Madico user, I've suffered through the Autolux and Granite fiascos, but since they came out with the Charcool series, there is NO better film on the market IMO.

I just had a car last week that a buddie of mine tinted 6 years ago, 35 / 5 and the guy moved to California, got popped for his front doors, so he stripped them off.

He just moved back here abouot 2 months ago, and found my buddies number, and wanted his front doors redone, so we had him come by the shop, and did his front doors. Just for shiats and giggles, we metered the back doors, and they metered right @ 5% this is 1 1/2 years in AZ and 4 1/2 in California.

So the Charcool I can vouch for, I don't use a ton of Onyx, but there are other users on here that do, I am also using alot of the Metal Edge, I love the looks of it as well, longevity wise it appears to be the same construction as Charcool, but its only been out a couple of years so :lol2

It is a VERY GOOD film IMO and you will have nothing but happy customers with its preformance :evilgrin:gasp

what does the TG stand for?

tinted gray. Should have been, turns grosslypurple.

I've been using Madico for over twenty years and I wont use anything else. Now back in the days when I used the old TG series, the adhesive out lasted any other film on the market. Some of the cars I did twenty years ago that are around town are still on and still have no bubbles just purple and fading.

I have had the same great results with Charcoal, Charcool and Onyx. The adhesive in my opinion, for what its worth, hasnt been beat yet. I love to tell my customers that when that car is long gone in a junk yard, the tint will still be on it and looking good! :evilgrin I wont use anything else.

Same downunder everybody.....Madico is a best kept secret due to poor marketing by the distributor unfortunately.

But plenty of other film makes go belly up all around it and Madico's Onyx and Charcool last sunburnt climates like ours.

Very happy with it and have used it for years and never had one claim in Onyx 35% since it was released here years ago. :shock Can't say that for S....... Crap in a year!

Devil

Same downunder everybody.....Madico is a best kept secret due to poor marketing by the distributor unfortunately.

But plenty of other film makes go belly up all around it and Madico's Onyx and Charcool last sunburnt climates like ours.

Very happy with it and have used it for years and never had one claim in Onyx 35% since it was released here years ago. :thumb Can't say that for S....... Crap in a year!

Devil

Wow something that devil likes!? :klingon

Good to hear I am leaning towards messing around with some Onyx, maybe I will try some charcool also thanks for the input and time :evilgrin

Archived