tint getting darker?

Guest 'Rolla

Guest 'Rolla

I just got my car inspected in nc where the legal limit is 35% and my car failed at 26.4%. However, last year at inspection time my car passed with 35%. Can the tint darken over time simply from the sun's rays (as told to me by a mechanic at firestone). Please let me know if this is a normal occurance or if someone didn't do their job right.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

no it won't get darker, if it passed last year, it should pass this year no problem, take it back and tell them their meter is off and needs to be recalibrated, either that or last year when your car was metered, the meter was off :spit but one way or the other, NO your tint didn't get darker :thumb

I just got my car inspected in nc where the legal limit is 35% and my car failed at 26.4%. However, last year at inspection time my car passed with 35%. Can the tint darken over time simply from the sun's rays (as told to me by a mechanic at firestone). Please let me know if this is a normal occurance or if someone didn't do their job right.

:thumb:spit

no it won't get darker, if it passed last year, it should pass this year no problem, take it back and tell them their meter is off and needs to be recalibrated, either that or last year when your car was metered, the meter was off :dunno but one way or the other, NO your tint didn't get darker :thumb

:beer

Guest streetsounds

clean ur windows I bet it will pass I had to send a friend of mine back to a shop that metered his at about 27% they dont clean the damb windows before they stick a meter on em good luck and welcome

clean ur windows I bet it will pass I had to send a friend of mine back to a shop that metered his at about 27% they dont clean the damb windows before they stick a meter on em good luck and welcome

Really can dirt afect the way it reads? Have you acually tried this? :lol6:spit

Guest darkdan

Depends on how dirty they are.

I've had it read 3% higher just because I wiped off the window.

Unless it's super dirty, I doubt you'll gain almost 9%.

Archived