PPF for headlights

I was wondering if anyne is making any decent $$$ for doing ppf on headlights for dealers ?

If not do you think there would be a market for it?

I hardly get any calls for ppf at all..but was thinking since headlights are so expensive..approaching dealers to get it done ( in the winter when I'm slower ) :krazy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

They're not terribly difficult to do.

And considering the square footage of them, it's a great sale.

Convincing dealers to sell PPF on headlights instead of the possibility of selling a new headlight down the road may be difficult, but it's an easy retail sale.

Convincing dealers to sell PPF on headlights instead of the possibility of selling a new headlight down the road may be difficult, but it's an easy retail sale.

That's kinda what I was thinking ..although if they sold it as kind of an "insurance policy" frame of mind..they(the dealers) might make more in ppf headlight sales than in actual replacements :dunno

Guest Marco

The dealers don't care if they can save the customer money...they would rather the customer buy a pair of headlights at double the cost than make a few extra dollars and help the customer save a fortune :thumb

It's a factory defect that the lenses turn cloudy and the manufacturer should pay for it, thats what people are waiting for. :beer Anyway,

The market for the headlights really isn't here yet but you should start now before everyone else does, it could be a good add on like the headlight cleaner, you could do both and don't worry about the dealers, they'll come around once more people know about it.

Guest tintgod
The dealers don't care if they can save the customer money...they would rather the customer buy a pair of headlights at double the cost than make a few extra dollars and help the customer save a fortune :beer

It's a factory defect that the lenses turn cloudy and the manufacturer should pay for it, thats what people are waiting for. :thumb Anyway,

The market for the headlights really isn't here yet but you should start now before everyone else does, it could be a good add on like the headlight cleaner, you could do both and don't worry about the dealers, they'll come around once more people know about it.

:beer

After talking to the Mazda dealer , I'm starting to think I wasted my money on the roll for headlights. They told me that the headlights are made of a different material now (can't remember what ) so that they don't turn yellow like they used to and are much more resilient to stone chips :beer Anyone care to enlighten me on this if this is true?

Guest trbergman

Even though headlights are lexan and hard to break they get pits and a dull finish after time so they are an easy sell, if you use the 40 mil. material the customers don't mind spending the extra money since they can feel how thick it is rather than the standard 8 mil. and get premium money for them. $$$.$$

Archived