huper optik window films

Guest MAGIC2006

Huper films are Awesome!! They do have exclusive territories. I was lucky enough to get one. As for specs, try the Drei- 35% film that cuts 70% of the heat at 12% reflectance....the same shine as glass. The ceramic films don't cut as much heat as this one but they are up there! Ceramic 30 cuts 60%+- at 9% reflectance....less reflective then glass!! Show these to a customer and they will almost always go with Huper even tho it is usually double the cost!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huper films are Awesome!! They do have exclusive territories. I was lucky enough to get one. As for specs, try the Drei- 35% film that cuts 70% of the heat at 12% reflectance....the same shine as glass. The ceramic films don't cut as much heat as this one but they are up there! Ceramic 30 cuts 60%+- at 9% reflectance....less reflective then glass!! Show these to a customer and they will almost always go with Huper even tho it is usually double the cost!

Er... sceeeuuzzz me(tint)... correction please... clear glass reflectance falls between 8-9%.

Now about Hu Op...

Are those their (huper's) numbers or an independent?

Guest Litespeeds

The Huper Optik ceramic films have around 8% visible light reflectance and that is about the same as glass. The DREI or SECH line is a full metal film and has a greater reflectance than glass. I haven't installed any of the DREI or SECH film but have seen some samples.

I have installed Drei and it is not reflective at all. If you want to argue the point over 8 or 12% go for it, I am not nearly as up on stuff like that as you are metint. As far as it being independantly tested, I could care less, performance doesn't lie, nor do digital heat meters. When tested side by side with other similar products Drei beats them hands down.

Guest H?perOptik
Er... sceeeuuzzz me(tint)... correction please... clear glass reflectance falls between 8-9%.

Now about Hu Op...

Are those their (huper's) numbers or an independent?

sorry for the late post.

reflectance on clear glass does fall between 8-12%, depending on the type of glass and its thickness, so I guess both of you are right. in any case, DREI's IR rejection/reflectivity ratio compared to other films with the same VLT is much higher (thats why the high cost hahahaha j/k)

the spec numbers are based on ASHRAE and ISO9050. you are more than welcome to check them out yourself. Pls obtain a sample from your HO rep, or email me your address and I will send some to you.

cheers!

The Huper Optik ceramic films have around 8% visible light reflectance and that is about the same as glass.  The DREI or SECH line is a full metal film and has a greater reflectance than glass.  I haven't installed any of the DREI or SECH film but have seen some samples.

Lite,

Pardon me for still being puzzled with your Stark usuage.

Have you actually fitted up the Stark 30 (no other alternative VLT's) and not had blushing, radio interference, nor increased reflectivity externally?

devil

Archived