Flat Glass Rates

Guest Spesh

Guest Spesh

Hey guys,

I have always been paid per square metre, my rate stays the same per metre, but the price he sells it for differs on volume etc, but was thinking about asking for a percentage of the job, ........I hear a lot of talk about tinting cars and asking for around 30 percent.............would this be advisable for flat glass as well? Does anyone else work on a percentage rate for flat glass.

any suggestions or comments or advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

:thumb

If one of my guys came to me and wanted 30%, I would turn him down.

On huge simple jobs I pay $.50 a square, other $.75 a square. Residential installs $.75 to $1.00 a square depending on conditions. I pay $.50 a square for scraping.

Unfortunately, there are too many hizzos out there donating films to buildings which is creating a profitability problem. It has gotten so bad that I wonder how these people last six months.

Guest S and S

When I have my ....ummmm...people (I guess) do it....I pay them $25 and hour............But I dont use them often....only on really HIGH windows...dont like heights!!!!!!

Guest tintchick

We pay our subs square footage rates, anywhere from .40-2.00 a square,,,otherwise, I have guys on hourly and a guy on a percentage of company profits at the end of the month,,works great, no problems. :bingo

Guest Spesh

Hi Tintitman,

If you pay around 50 cents per square foot, what is the going rate for selling film per square foot

ie, if you are selling it at $2 per square foot you would be paying your employee 25%......just wondering