Phone calls for illegal tint?

Guest ktown

Guest Key West
I wonder if it has ever happened to anyone?

YEP!! I knew a guy who lost EVERYTHING he owned. He was sued for wrongful death after his windows were metered and found to be illegal. This guy got T-boned by a drunk (Who died). The legal argument was that his car was not supposed to be on the road with illegal equipment. Insurance did not pay either!! There are LOTS of really bad things that can come out of illegal tint. Especially if you are a tinter. A ticket is the LEAST of those problems.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he admitted to tinting the vehicle? I wonder what my liabilities are because I know people with illegal tint that I didn't do? If something happens to them will I be blamed? Seems unfair. Fortunatley when it comes to cars they are just side jobs, flat glass is what brings the bacon home.

The hardest part of illegal is saying no because someone else will do it and get your $$$. Can't make any money saying no.

I was told by the tint shop as well as the highway patrol that the only way a tint shop here in Mississippi can legally tint darker than the law allows is if that person has a medical exemption. I had the tint shop make a copy of mine just for their records and to show the employees what an exemption looked like--many had never even seen one. By the shop having the medex it exempts them from libality, as it should.

Be safe

Guest 27tint4

scuse me....but thar ain't no such thang az a leegal excemtion fer an illegaul tint job(s). as we all know ('cept fer ignern't sutherners) even clear film knocks out the uv rays primarily responsible fer that which ails yew too thee point of seekaing out some lame hick dr. to rite yew a perscription fer illegal tint. and, the authorities being that which they may (as in NOT ignern't) it don't take no rocket scientist highway paytroll lady to know that that thar excemption don't need apply.

thar. lmfao

sooooooooooooooooo...............................

............if yer gonna do eeleegul tint, "do not seek the treasure" (quote from movie lately) do not talk about it on the phone. simply state "we got it all...whatever it iz thit yew wunt...weee got. win yew brang yer carr down to are chop, we, yew and I, will disscuz jes' exactlty wut it iz thit yew wunt on yer car. see ya saturday at 2pm. next . get it?

sheesh. pardon me. and later.

Guest Key West
So he admitted to tinting the vehicle? I wonder what my liabilities are because I know people with illegal tint that I didn't do? If something happens to them will I be blamed? Seems unfair. Fortunatley when it comes to cars they are just side jobs, flat glass is what brings the bacon home.

The hardest part of illegal is saying no because someone else will do it and get your $$$. Can't make any money saying no.

He didn't have to admit tinting it. It was his car, AND he owned the tint shop. And like I said, civil court and criminal court are 2 very different animals. In criminal court, they gotta PROVE you did it by a preponderance of the evidence. In a civil case, however, you pretty much gotta prove that you not only didn't do it, you gotta prove that you couldn't have done it. So in your case of knowing people with illegal tint, don't p1ss anyone off!! If they get in an accident, accuse you and take you to court you are in for an EXPENSIVE fight at the very least. You can be sued by just an accusation.

Everywhere you look, there are drawbacks to illegal tint. Drawbacks that you wouldn't even think about. And if an attorney finds out you are insured, it's on! Your insurance will in all probability settle out of court (to avoid a HUGE loss in court), then drop you. But it's like this in any service oriented business. Any time insurance is in the equation, the tort devils flock around like Hyenas. If there is no insurance involved, most attorneys won't even look at a case.

scuse me....but thar ain't no such thang az a leegal excemtion fer an illegaul tint job(s). as we all know ('cept fer ignern't sutherners) even clear film knocks out the uv rays primarily responsible fer that which ails yew too thee point of seekaing out some lame hick dr. to rite yew a perscription fer illegal tint. and, the authorities being that which they may (as in NOT ignern't) it don't take no rocket scientist highway paytroll lady to know that that thar excemption don't need apply.

thar. lmfao

sooooooooooooooooo...............................

............if yer gonna do eeleegul tint, "do not seek the treasure" (quote from movie lately) do not talk about it on the phone. simply state "we got it all...whatever it iz thit yew wunt...weee got. win yew brang yer carr down to are chop, we, yew and I, will disscuz jes' exactlty wut it iz thit yew wunt on yer car. see ya saturday at 2pm. next . get it?

sheesh. pardon me. and later.

Hey Blade his location says Seattle. I'm as bout as hick as it gets but can you translate this Seattle slang to me :rollin

Hey Blade his location says Seattle. I'm as bout as hick as it gets but can you translate this Seattle slang to me :lol2

I don't understand those seattle people either. :beer the fact that they'd live there is crazy enough to me let alone the way they communicate. :lol2

Guest 27tint4

'scuuuuse me....it's seattle LATELY. never did mention where I'm from where I've been, 'lessen of course you happened to read summa my other topics/comments/replies.

gotta be careful when ya go assuming.

as for "translation", I do believe my comment regarding illegal tinting is self explanatory. however, if you could be so kind as to not speak in such general terms, I.e. be a little more specific concerning that which it is that yer havin' trouble deciphering...I'd be obliged to help.

peace out

Archived