Some dealers pi$$ me right off

Did a Range Rover for a private dealer about 2 months ago.

When he paid me about 2 weeks after the job was done, he said that the customer wasnt happy with the finish on a couple of pieces and they needed sorting so I said OK, let me know when you want it doing and we will get it sorted.

This customer doesnt live close and only visits this area a few times a year.

So he calls me today wanting me to do it and there is no way I can fit anything in till next Tuesday when the customers are going to be back home. He starts having a right go at me, saying that it has to be done but I explain there is just no way it can be done by us this week and his only option is to get somebody else to do it. :thumb

If he had given me a call last week I could have booked it in this week but he just expects me to do everything yesterday.

This from a guy who asked me to do his cars cheap because he will be giving me loads of work and we have done 3 for him in the last year.

I lost it on the phone and did everything but tell him to fuk off!

Dont need dick heads like that!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie
they come in handy during the winter! :thumb

They come in handy year round for me. A couple of peices should have been fixed at his request whenver he could get you the vehicle. Sometimes you gotta be there a little early and sometimes you got to be there a little late or you got all weekend.

That dealer and customer will spread the word and it will hurt more in the end than just

a little more effort to squeeze them in would take :poke

Guest Key West
they come in handy during the winter! :thumb

It's called CRISIS Management, and it seems thats how dealerships operate on BOTH sides of the pond. With crap like that, you'd be better off on the dole during winter!!! SCROO'M!

Guest willie
It's called CRISIS Management, and it seems thats how dealerships operate on BOTH sides of the pond. With crap like that, you'd be better off on the dole during winter!!! SCROO'M!

dayumm rocket boy... I hope Im not this bitter at the business 10 years from now :thumb:poke

I do alot of dealer work too, and yes on occasion they do need something done at the drop of a hat, and yes that can be a pain. I always find time to fix them up though. I find the hassle they put me through on one or two occasions, is well worth all the work they give me throughout the year.

Im guessing that when he called, you he possibly was sitting right in front of the customer, and had to take a piece out of you so that he wouldnt look bad. :lol2 Hard to say, but one thing I have found is that a bad incident like that gets around to alot more people than all the good dealings you've had with others.

Like willie said, sometimes you have to stay later or start earlier (course, he's old so gettin up early is easy for him :lol2 ) I think of it this way.....when was the last time I got into the doctor or dentist at the exact time of my appt? I dont know that I ever have. Usually I have to wait at least a while before I get in there. So if one of my booked appointments has to wait a bit while I deal with a regular customer who sends me multiple cars, I dont think it will kill them. They are generally very understanding I have found. :lol2

:thumb ........oh, and

dayumm rocket boy... I hope Im not this bitter at the business 10 years from now :poke:lol2

:poke:lol2:lol2

Guest willie
I do alot of dealer work too, and yes on occasion they do need something done at the drop of a hat, and yes that can be a pain. I always find time to fix them up though. I find the hassle they put me through on one or two occasions, is well worth all the work they give me throughout the year.

Im guessing that when he called, you he possibly was sitting right in front of the customer, and had to take a piece out of you so that he wouldnt look bad. :poke Hard to say, but one thing I have found is that a bad incident like that gets around to alot more people than all the good dealings you've had with others.

Like willie said, sometimes you have to stay later or start earlier (course, he's old so gettin up early is easy for him :poke ) I think of it this way.....when was the last time I got into the doctor or dentist at the exact time of my appt? I dont know that I ever have. Usually I have to wait at least a while before I get in there. So if one of my booked appointments has to wait a bit while I deal with a regular customer who sends me multiple cars, I dont think it will kill them. They are generally very understanding I have found. :lol2

:lol2 ........oh, and

:lol2:lol2:lol2

well said cat man doo :thumb

Archived