08' Altima 2dr Coupe

Guest Thetintcenter

Guest willie
I have to do one of these this week.. Do you have to take off the door panels? Also, what kind of steelwool do you use?

It depends on your method. I dont pull door panels.

I use the copper chore boys and 3M non scratch pads.

Welcome to the board :eyebrows

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mo Evo

I find you don't need to pull panels on these. And the back window requires vinyl on the matrix dots, but it also wants to finger on the sides, so make sure you get every single finger pushed down and shrunk on the outside. Also, make your cut very close as the interior trim is right next to the glass. Not hard, but the 4 door is easier.

Just did one yesterday. The back glass wasn't that bad but not easy . Since it was my first coupe I took my time shrinking and held the gun further away and got it done. Still had small finger on the side. I finished up the rest of the car and went back and they laid down easy with a hard card. BTW the 3rd brakelight comes out like the others, push towards the rear and lift.

Guest 1reddime

I Did my mom in laws 08 altima a little while back. I used 800 grit wet sandpaper on the matrix! OMG! Works GREAT!

The back glass is deffinately an upper intermediate level.

The only problem I have with little coupes like that is, I'm 6'4" tall and Im not as flexible as I used to be LOL.

Very Sexy lookin ride though.

I Did my mom in laws 08 altima a little while back. I used 800 grit wet sandpaper on the matrix! OMG! Works GREAT!

The back glass is deffinately an upper intermediate level.

The only problem I have with little coupes like that is, I'm 6'4" tall and Im not as flexible as I used to be LOL.

Very Sexy lookin ride though.

I'm not as tall as you but I had to fold the seats and lay down to tint it just like the G35 :trustme

Guest Katie0530

I ususally vinyl the dots on most cars and on the Altima coupe my vinyl always dries uneven. I want to try and steel wool the dots but what grade steel wool should I get and what are the concerns I have heard in the past about dots rusting.

I ususally vinyl the dots on most cars and on the Altima coupe my vinyl always dries uneven. I want to try and steel wool the dots but what grade steel wool should I get and what are the concerns I have heard in the past about dots rusting.

Same here. I had one where the vinyl dried with streaks in it. Went back to the drawing board. I don't know the grit, but I got this sandpaper from the dealer parts department. It was a red 3M, probably a medium grit. Used that on the matrix then wiped off and whoa! The towel was BLACK. Tinted and vinyl'd as normal. Twas perfect. It's now sitting on the showroom floor with the Z cars wheels and a 1.5" Eibach lowering kit. Looks SWEET in all it's Darth Vader glory!

Archived