How do you handle this?

Customer brings back their car cuz "window is peeling". Says he waited before rolling windows down. SAYS. Other side has air bubble in same area. Obviously this guy is lying through his teeth. :dunno This seems like an ongoing battle for shops everywhere with no end in sight. What can I do? :thumb To make it worse, this guy got a deal because our rock-headed secretaries didn't know that a Pilot is an SUV. :lol6 Well, I'm off to redo his fugup. :lol2

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's my favorite, "I didn't roll the window down", yet there's a 4 inch air pocket trapped in the middle of the window,"ehhhh, it didn't leave here like that, air pockets don't just spontaneously appear"

what can you do? You have to grin and bear it, the first time....I give them a mulligan.

Yo, Mdog, did I spell spontaneously right? I don't have a dictionary handy. :dunno

Guest willie
That's my favorite, "I didn't roll the window down", yet there's a 4 inch air pocket trapped in the middle of the window,"ehhhh, it didn't leave here like that, air pockets don't just spontaneously appear"

what can you do? You have to grin and bear it, the first time....I give them a mulligan.

Yo, Mdog, did I spell spontaneously right? I don't have a dictionary handy. :dunno

Yup, Igot to agree with tintinator here, eat it, fix it and move to the next one :beer

Guest Key West

I used to just bite the bullet and re-do them. You'll find that as you get older, and get LIED to enough, your tolerance for bull :beer will go out the window. Anything THAT obvious would never have left your bay, let alone the shop premises.

Tint bubbled up bad and the bubbles stop in a straight line half-way up the glass? I tell them in no uncertain terms that tint is inanimate, and cannot move itself. SOMEONE rolled those windows down. You accepted the car, would you have accepted it like that? It did not leave there like that!!

IF you are feeling ok about it, re-do it, and pull the fuses for the windows. DON'T tell the custy you pulled them. Tell them to come back in 2 weeks for you to check them out (replace the fuses then). And the warranty will start AFTER your final check. 75% to 80% chance you are gonna get a call complaining that the windows are broken!!!!! At that point, I'd ask how they knew they were not working. Didn't we tell you 2 weeks? :dunno

Or if they are manual windows, remove the crank handles and tell them to come back in 2 weeks. Anything that happens in that time will be caused by abuse and NOT covered under warranty until after you've done the 2 week inspection.

I have the custy sign the work order when they pick it up. It states that the work was performed to thier satisfaction at the time of delivery.

Personally, I'd tell them to stop making me feel like they think I'm stupid. I know the difference between film failure and negligence. And film does NOT fail within a month or two of application (That I am aware of), and failure bubbling occurs gradually, not over night. Go away until you can come to me honestly.

I have always had an unspoken policy that I will give them 1 free redo, if they just come to me and say "Man, I screwed up! How much to re-do this?" I love the look on thier face when I tell them the first one is free for being honest. It happens SO rarely I can afford to redo it, I just love honest people. They are a rare bird nowadays! :beer:beer

Guest Key West

OK.....................What in gods name is a MULLIGAN? (besides some kind of stew) :beer:beer

I used to just bite the bullet and re-do them. You'll find that as you get older, and get LIED to enough, your tolerance for bull :dunno will go out the window. Anything THAT obvious would never have left your bay, let alone the shop premises.

Tint bubbled up bad and the bubbles stop in a straight line half-way up the glass? I tell them in no uncertain terms that tint is inanimate, and cannot move itself. SOMEONE rolled those windows down. You accepted the car, would you have accepted it like that? It did not leave there like that!!

IF you are feeling ok about it, re-do it, and pull the fuses for the windows. DON'T tell the custy you pulled them. Tell them to come back in 2 weeks for you to check them out (replace the fuses then). And the warranty will start AFTER your final check. 75% to 80% chance you are gonna get a call complaining that the windows are broken!!!!! At that point, I'd ask how they knew they were not working. Didn't we tell you 2 weeks? :beer

Or if they are manual windows, remove the crank handles and tell them to come back in 2 weeks. Anything that happens in that time will be caused by abuse and NOT covered under warranty until after you've done the 2 week inspection.

I have the custy sign the work order when they pick it up. It states that the work was performed to thier satisfaction at the time of delivery.

Personally, I'd tell them to stop making me feel like they think I'm stupid. I know the difference between film failure and negligence. And film does NOT fail within a month or two of application (That I am aware of), and failure bubbling occurs gradually, not over night. Go away until you can come to me honestly.

I have always had an unspoken policy that I will give them 1 free redo, if they just come to me and say "Man, I screwed up! How much to re-do this?" I love the look on thier face when I tell them the first one is free for being honest. It happens SO rarely I can afford to redo it, I just love honest people. They are a rare bird nowadays! :hmmm:beer

I agree exept I teach the custy to be honest I tell them that it's 50 dollars to redo if he keeps lieing to me or if you just tell the truth it's free and you would be amazed how fast there willing to tell the truth.... then I tell them that I reward for honesty lol.

but yeah agree too many years of letting custy lie to your face makes you a bitter tinter.... not good :beer

Guest thatsnappyguy

that s**t would not fly here. and the price would have been corrected b4 the job was started or u could just walk out and go somewhere else.

Archived