How do you handle this?

that s**t would not fly here. and the price would have been corrected b4 the job was started or u could just walk out and go somewhere else.

not sure did I miss something or are you on the wrong topic. I thought this was about custy rolling windows down too soon and lieing about it...

not sure but :beer:dunno

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would recommend to put small piece of masking tape over the window switchs. that way they have no excuse, I would usually redo one window if it was an honest mistake. Just try not to blow the bank to make the custys happy. but sombody saying they didn't roll it down is kinda crazy. why not just admit it? I've had my share of people come back in a day or two and just say"I forgot"

Guest Key West
I would recommend to put small piece of masking tape over the window switchs. that way they have no excuse, I would usually redo one window if it was an honest mistake. Just try not to blow the bank to make the custys happy. but sombody saying they didn't roll it down is kinda crazy. why not just admit it? I've had my share of people come back in a day or two and just say"I forgot"

Just wait!!! Some of the stories custys can cook up CAN be quite hilarious!! But, it's almost NEVER thier fault. YOU did a crappy job, and tried to let it slide!!! You gonna see if you stay in it!! :thumb:dunno

if its just an occasional redo then its not even worth getting into with the customer. tape your window switches so they stand out and suck it up when it happens. probably half of the cars I've owned I accidentally lowered the windows like the same day!

My favorite........they are pulling out of the parking spot and roll down the window to ask how long until they can roll down the window. Some catch them selves before they finish the sentence some I walk up to and I tell them. Dont roll them down for a couple of days, now roll the window back up and let me check it. :)

When the occasional misshap like that happens, which is very rare, I redo it when they tell me the truth. I dont have problems with jerks trying to pull too much crap with me. Guess I look mean. :cool Especially packing 38.

I don't know, it just doesn't bother me that much, when a car leaves my shop, it's pretty much done, dry. :cool I try to go a good bit below the rubber, heck, I roll down the windows to check them before they leave. So, if it comes back, I just do it, I don't even listen to what they say anymore, not worth the stress. :lol2

it sucks when you're busy, though....

A mulligan count's as a stroke? Not in my game, you get one per 9 holes....a free do over, I suck anyway, even with 9 mulligans. :cool:)

Archived