What's the deal with Digitint Films?

Guest Advanced Solar

Guest a1wintinter

True they are helping us but how in the hell do you mess up a preshrunk window kit? Easy answer....... Take a $9 an hour lube tech and spend four days with him, then let him go on his own!!!!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I work for a Digicut dealer and I used to do some contracting work for them as well. They offer several "programs", one is a pre made kit package and the other is a plotter package. Basically they put dealerships in the tint business, from every single item needed to training some lube guy to stick film(in only 4 days). They have good and bad things in their company like many others. The kits are usually pretty good, and make for a super fast install time. The plotter on the other hand is way to involved and controlled, big brother is an understatement. Digi is trying to put a plotter in here but I will not have that thing in here. They of course re-package film (and everything else) and sell rolls to their dealers. Digicut has a way they want things done and if a dealer deviates in any way they will blame the dealer for not listening to them. I personally dont have many warranty issues but I have friends in Fl that are dealing with alot. I think Jeff R knows what I am talking about as the toyota port is in Jacksonville and that is Digicuts biggest account. So with that said look at it like this, Digi has only a small percentage of dealers in the whole country and only some of those cars are being tinted, now that warranties are starting to show up this only makes the tint shop down the road look better. I just did a redo on a dealer trade from another Digi dealer this morining, the drivers door looked awful, a crease in the middle of the drivers window and then the guy heated and smashed the adhesive up. :nono So lets not knocked these guys to bad yet, because in their own way, they help out. :dunno Oh yeah and the stickers on every window is because they sell the dealer the stickers and tell them by law all windows must have stickers!

Hi Wes and Rich, you know who it is.

Great post a1 :dunno .. I think they might have a company with a "factory" in Florida making film for them at this time but just a rumor not a quote :dunno .... Hi Wes, happy new year :beer

I work for a Digicut dealer and I used to do some contracting work for them as well. They offer several "programs", one is a pre made kit package and the other is a plotter package. Basically they put dealerships in the tint business, from every single item needed to training some lube guy to stick film(in only 4 days). They have good and bad things in their company like many others. The kits are usually pretty good, and make for a super fast install time. The plotter on the other hand is way to involved and controlled, big brother is an understatement. Digi is trying to put a plotter in here but I will not have that thing in here. They of course re-package film (and everything else) and sell rolls to their dealers. Digicut has a way they want things done and if a dealer deviates in any way they will blame the dealer for not listening to them. I personally dont have many warranty issues but I have friends in Fl that are dealing with alot. I think Jeff R knows what I am talking about as the toyota port is in Jacksonville and that is Digicuts biggest account. So with that said look at it like this, Digi has only a small percentage of dealers in the whole country and only some of those cars are being tinted, now that warranties are starting to show up this only makes the tint shop down the road look better. I just did a redo on a dealer trade from another Digi dealer this morining, the drivers door looked awful, a crease in the middle of the drivers window and then the guy heated and smashed the adhesive up. :nono So lets not knocked these guys to bad yet, because in their own way, they help out. :dunno Oh yeah and the stickers on every window is because they sell the dealer the stickers and tell them by law all windows must have stickers!

Hi Wes and Rich, you know who it is!

True they are helping us but how in the hell do you mess up a preshrunk window kit?

toyotaman78 Posted Today, 12:00 PM

Well I now use digitint after useing llumar for 15 years. We have the plotter system at my dealership. The tracking system sucks. First, each user has a pin that u have to put in before you cut EACH pattern, you also have to scan the vin of each car, put in stock number and RO number. If the plotter messes up a pattern u have to tell the computer why u r cutting another one. Company was started by an old service adcisor, not a tinter (explains a lot). GST puts 50% on all front window which our customers complain is too light, so we strip off and retint with 35. Film is easy to shrink but don't no how it holds up. Its probably just reboxed crap

Why do you use it then if its reboxed crap as you put?

Wes is no dummy .... very smart business wise... he makes the tinter totally responsible for his actions. As a business owner I admire that part of his system. He knows when you pass gas around the plotter and if it smelled! :lol2

Guest toyotaman78
I work for a Digicut dealer and I used to do some contracting work for them as well. They offer several "programs", one is a pre made kit package and the other is a plotter package. Basically they put dealerships in the tint business, from every single item needed to training some lube guy to stick film(in only 4 days). They have good and bad things in their company like many others. The kits are usually pretty good, and make for a super fast install time. The plotter on the other hand is way to involved and controlled, big brother is an understatement. Digi is trying to put a plotter in here but I will not have that thing in here. They of course re-package film (and everything else) and sell rolls to their dealers. Digicut has a way they want things done and if a dealer deviates in any way they will blame the dealer for not listening to them. I personally dont have many warranty issues but I have friends in Fl that are dealing with alot. I think Jeff R knows what I am talking about as the toyota port is in Jacksonville and that is Digicuts biggest account. So with that said look at it like this, Digi has only a small percentage of dealers in the whole country and only some of those cars are being tinted, now that warranties are starting to show up this only makes the tint shop down the road look better. I just did a redo on a dealer trade from another Digi dealer this morining, the drivers door looked awful, a crease in the middle of the drivers window and then the guy heated and smashed the adhesive up. :) So lets not knocked these guys to bad yet, because in their own way, they help out. :) Oh yeah and the stickers on every window is because they sell the dealer the stickers and tell them by law all windows must have stickers!

True they are helping us but how in the hell do you mess up a preshrunk window kit?

Well I now use digitint after useing llumar for 15 years. We have the plotter system at my dealership. The tracking system sucks. First, each user has a pin that u have to put in before you cut EACH pattern, you also have to scan the vin of each car, put in stock number and RO number. If the plotter messes up a pattern u have to tell the computer why u r cutting another one. Company was started by an old service adcisor, not a tinter (explains a lot). GST puts 50% on all front window which our customers complain is too light, so we strip off and retint with 35. Film is easy to shrink but don't no how it holds up. Its probably just reboxed crap

I work for the dealership, not for myself. I have no control on what film they use. They were useing digitint when I got here 6 months ago. I guess they went with whoever gave them the best sales pitch.

Guest tint14u
I work for a Digicut dealer and I used to do some contracting work for them as well. They offer several "programs", one is a pre made kit package and the other is a plotter package. Basically they put dealerships in the tint business, from every single item needed to training some lube guy to stick film(in only 4 days). They have good and bad things in their company like many others. The kits are usually pretty good, and make for a super fast install time. The plotter on the other hand is way to involved and controlled, big brother is an understatement. Digi is trying to put a plotter in here but I will not have that thing in here. They of course re-package film (and everything else) and sell rolls to their dealers. Digicut has a way they want things done and if a dealer deviates in any way they will blame the dealer for not listening to them. I personally dont have many warranty issues but I have friends in Fl that are dealing with alot. I think Jeff R knows what I am talking about as the toyota port is in Jacksonville and that is Digicuts biggest account. So with that said look at it like this, Digi has only a small percentage of dealers in the whole country and only some of those cars are being tinted, now that warranties are starting to show up this only makes the tint shop down the road look better. I just did a redo on a dealer trade from another Digi dealer this morining, the drivers door looked awful, a crease in the middle of the drivers window and then the guy heated and smashed the adhesive up. :tw So lets not knocked these guys to bad yet, because in their own way, they help out. :lol Oh yeah and the stickers on every window is because they sell the dealer the stickers and tell them by law all windows must have stickers!

I work for the dealership, not for myself. I have no control on what film they use. They were useing digitint when I got here 6 months ago. I guess they went with whoever gave them the best sales pitch.

Knowing and doing work for dealers for years it wasn't the best sales pitch,its the cheapest shat they can get.... :lol

I work for a Digicut dealer and I used to do some contracting work for them as well. They offer several "programs", one is a pre made kit package and the other is a plotter package. Basically they put dealerships in the tint business, from every single item needed to training some lube guy to stick film(in only 4 days). They have good and bad things in their company like many others. The kits are usually pretty good, and make for a super fast install time. The plotter on the other hand is way to involved and controlled, big brother is an understatement. Digi is trying to put a plotter in here but I will not have that thing in here. They of course re-package film (and everything else) and sell rolls to their dealers. Digicut has a way they want things done and if a dealer deviates in any way they will blame the dealer for not listening to them. I personally dont have many warranty issues but I have friends in Fl that are dealing with alot. I think Jeff R knows what I am talking about as the toyota port is in Jacksonville and that is Digicuts biggest account. So with that said look at it like this, Digi has only a small percentage of dealers in the whole country and only some of those cars are being tinted, now that warranties are starting to show up this only makes the tint shop down the road look better. I just did a redo on a dealer trade from another Digi dealer this morining, the drivers door looked awful, a crease in the middle of the drivers window and then the guy heated and smashed the adhesive up. :tw So lets not knocked these guys to bad yet, because in their own way, they help out. :lol Oh yeah and the stickers on every window is because they sell the dealer the stickers and tell them by law all windows must have stickers!

Knowing and doing work for dealers for years it wasn't the best sales pitch,its the cheapest shat they can get.... :lol

It is all about the money!!!! Isn't what all this is about.... Someone needs to come in and sell a better product....

Guest tint14u
I work for a Digicut dealer and I used to do some contracting work for them as well. They offer several "programs", one is a pre made kit package and the other is a plotter package. Basically they put dealerships in the tint business, from every single item needed to training some lube guy to stick film(in only 4 days). They have good and bad things in their company like many others. The kits are usually pretty good, and make for a super fast install time. The plotter on the other hand is way to involved and controlled, big brother is an understatement. Digi is trying to put a plotter in here but I will not have that thing in here. They of course re-package film (and everything else) and sell rolls to their dealers. Digicut has a way they want things done and if a dealer deviates in any way they will blame the dealer for not listening to them. I personally dont have many warranty issues but I have friends in Fl that are dealing with alot. I think Jeff R knows what I am talking about as the toyota port is in Jacksonville and that is Digicuts biggest account. So with that said look at it like this, Digi has only a small percentage of dealers in the whole country and only some of those cars are being tinted, now that warranties are starting to show up this only makes the tint shop down the road look better. I just did a redo on a dealer trade from another Digi dealer this morining, the drivers door looked awful, a crease in the middle of the drivers window and then the guy heated and smashed the adhesive up. :bs So lets not knocked these guys to bad yet, because in their own way, they help out. :lol Oh yeah and the stickers on every window is because they sell the dealer the stickers and tell them by law all windows must have stickers!

It is all about the money!!!! Isn't what all this is about.... Someone needs to come in and sell a better product....

Let them sell it. R&R are great ,because if one window is Barney purple, its alot easier to sell the custy the full R$R :bs

Guest tint phantom

DONT buy and sell that cheap schet, the reason this happens in the first place is every body thinks they can benifet there buisness by offering in ther sales. knowing nothing about the quality of the product or the industry. in the past 33years I've seen tint installed at van conversion shops, body shops, auto dealers, sterero shops, detail shops,flea markets, gas stations. I'm surrprise that wally world dont install it in there automotive dept. :lol2

Archived