What's the deal with Digitint Films?

Guest Advanced Solar

Guest a1wintinter
DONT buy and sell that cheap schet, the reason this happens in the first place is every body thinks they can benifet there buisness by offering in ther sales. knowing nothing about the quality of the product or the industry. in the past 33years I've seen tint installed at van conversion shops, body shops, auto dealers, sterero shops, detail shops,flea markets, gas stations. I'm surrprise that wally world dont install it in there automotive dept. :lol2

:lol2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've worked with the Digi system at a dealership chain in Raleigh, NC. It is very controlling like a few others have said. It is time consuming until you get the hang of it. We had issues of fading and turning purple in under 18 months. It was sold to the dealership through the service director who was seeing dollar signs. But after the initial buy in that had them stocking way to much film in every imaginable size and shade they found out it wasn't so lucrative. The film is expensive and is pushed by selling the service they provide. I had a few instances when I went to cut a piece of film and my computer was hijacked by them and they were going all through the mac and looking at all kinds of reports and such so I had to wait to cut till they were done. My interpretation of the company is that they think we are unskilled labor and any shop monkey can tint with their system in only 4 days. Again this is only my opinion. From a shop ascpect it controls film but is pricey. From a tinters aspect its a pain and much easier to use another plotter or just hand cut like I've done for oner 18 years. FYI they also offer PPF but thats another story.

The dealership next door to me uses Digitint. He has a plotter setup there and he has to scan the vin of every vehicle before he can cut it. He was also trained by Digitint, and he cannot hand cut at all. So when his plotter breaks down, he comes to me to cut his film, and I charge him.

Are you McLovin cause your badasss! Thats some funny %&$# bro.

Well, they are trying hard to get a toe hold here in the Indianapolis market too. I have lost 3 dealership accounts to these idiots! My last was a Honda store last year in September. Now after just 4 months they are "re-thinking" the decision. They haven't called me back, but the new service manager asked me to email him a price sheet and is "looking at their options". I talked to the new car manager and he said that Digicrap was coming out to train the in-house guy how to cut patterns by hand - "the old fashioned way" as he called it.

A quick check of their lot revealed a whole lot less cars tinted in comparison to when I was doing the work.

Digi only gives our industry a bad name. :poke

I for one hope they are using cheap, poor quality film. That would only make me look better. But some dealerships are soooo prideful that they will never admit they made a mistake no matter how bad of decision it proves to be.

I have used and worked for Digi Tint. From what I have see it looks like they have been buying and selling a cheaper film since the economy went south. Before that I used the stuff for 2 years without and problems. Recently I have seen film fade within 6 months. I would NOT recommend anyone use Digi Tint.

I have used and worked for Digi Tint. From what I have see it looks like they have been buying and selling a cheaper film since the economy went south. Before that I used the stuff for 2 years without and problems. Recently I have seen film fade within 6 months. I would NOT recommend anyone use Digi Tint.

When did you work for them?? Only Rick I know that worked for them still does and is based out of AZ.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

In 2008 when I temporarily closed my business I was going to take a job at a local Toyota dealership that was going to be using Digitint. The dealership was owned by Penske and turned me down after finding out I had an old felony on my record. They were offering $1000 a week though and benefits so at the time I would've took the spot if human resources didn't reject me. The dealer never signed up with digitint cause I still get calls for work from this dealership now that I have my biz back open. I'm glad I didn't get the job cause I'm making way more than I would've there.

In 2008 when I temporarily closed my business I was going to take a job at a local Toyota dealership that was going to be using Digitint. The dealership was owned by Penske and turned me down after finding out I had an old felony on my record. They were offering $1000 a week though and benefits so at the time I would've took the spot if human resources didn't reject me. The dealer never signed up with digitint cause I still get calls for work from this dealership now that I have my biz back open. I'm glad I didn't get the job cause I'm making way more than I would've there.

Digicut signed a deal with Penske. Any Penske dealership tinting has to use DC. I was supposed to go to detroit and demo all of the software ect when I was with them. Thank god I got out of that. There is only one that I know of thats flying under the radar.

When did you work for them?? Only Rick I know that worked for them still does and is based out of AZ.

Is this Brian from Florida?

Archived