What's the deal with Digitint Films?

Guest Advanced Solar

Guest scottydosnntkno
The dealership next door to me uses Digitint. He has a plotter setup there and he has to scan the vin of every vehicle before he can cut it. He was also trained by Digitint, and he cannot hand cut at all. So when his plotter breaks down, he comes to me to cut his film, and I charge him.

Good to learn but I blame the tech too for not trying to learn to hand cut too!..

More knowledge is King..!

I agree. My plotter was down for a couple of months so I had to hand cut. His plotter also took a crap and he came by and saw me hand cutting and was kinda amazed. He asked me if I would give him some pointers so he could try it. I told him to try not to cut his finger, thats free, anything else will cost you $$$. :beer

He didnt work for about a week in a half. This guy has been wanting my acct for when he is slow since the two dealerships are attached together, and of course I want to get the dealership next door, so there is no way I will help this guy, no matter how much of an ass I sound like right now.

I think you're just trying to protect your business :beer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VaTinterPMan
I'm still not going to say anything :bingo but.......... one of their ex employees is on here now and a nice guy, might be why he is a ex!!.... can't remember his name :lol2

Cheers

Stan

:lol he didnt fit into the aholes.

Guest toyotaman78

Well I now use digitint after useing llumar for 15 years. We have the plotter system at my dealership. The tracking system sucks. First, each user has a pin that u have to put in before you cut EACH pattern, you also have to scan the vin of each car, put in stock number and RO number. If the plotter messes up a pattern u have to tell the computer why u r cutting another one. Company was started by an old service adcisor, not a tinter (explains a lot). GST puts 50% on all front window which our customers complain is too light, so we strip off and retint with 35. Film is easy to shrink but don't no how it holds up. Its probably just reboxed crap

Guest a1wintinter

I work for a Digicut dealer and I used to do some contracting work for them as well. They offer several "programs", one is a pre made kit package and the other is a plotter package. Basically they put dealerships in the tint business, from every single item needed to training some lube guy to stick film(in only 4 days). They have good and bad things in their company like many others. The kits are usually pretty good, and make for a super fast install time. The plotter on the other hand is way to involved and controlled, big brother is an understatement. Digi is trying to put a plotter in here but I will not have that thing in here. They of course re-package film (and everything else) and sell rolls to their dealers. Digicut has a way they want things done and if a dealer deviates in any way they will blame the dealer for not listening to them. I personally dont have many warranty issues but I have friends in Fl that are dealing with alot. I think Jeff R knows what I am talking about as the toyota port is in Jacksonville and that is Digicuts biggest account. So with that said look at it like this, Digi has only a small percentage of dealers in the whole country and only some of those cars are being tinted, now that warranties are starting to show up this only makes the tint shop down the road look better. I just did a redo on a dealer trade from another Digi dealer this morining, the drivers door looked awful, a crease in the middle of the drivers window and then the guy heated and smashed the adhesive up. :lol2 So lets not knocked these guys to bad yet, because in their own way, they help out. :bingo Oh yeah and the stickers on every window is because they sell the dealer the stickers and tell them by law all windows must have stickers!

Hi Wes and Rich, you know who it is!

Guest VaTinterPMan
I work for a Digicut dealer and I used to do some contracting work for them as well. They offer several "programs", one is a pre made kit package and the other is a plotter package. Basically they put dealerships in the tint business, from every single item needed to training some lube guy to stick film(in only 4 days). They have good and bad things in their company like many others. The kits are usually pretty good, and make for a super fast install time. The plotter on the other hand is way to involved and controlled, big brother is an understatement. Digi is trying to put a plotter in here but I will not have that thing in here. They of course re-package film (and everything else) and sell rolls to their dealers. Digicut has a way they want things done and if a dealer deviates in any way they will blame the dealer for not listening to them. I personally dont have many warranty issues but I have friends in Fl that are dealing with alot. I think Jeff R knows what I am talking about as the toyota port is in Jacksonville and that is Digicuts biggest account. So with that said look at it like this, Digi has only a small percentage of dealers in the whole country and only some of those cars are being tinted, now that warranties are starting to show up this only makes the tint shop down the road look better. I just did a redo on a dealer trade from another Digi dealer this morining, the drivers door looked awful, a crease in the middle of the drivers window and then the guy heated and smashed the adhesive up. :lol2 So lets not knocked these guys to bad yet, because in their own way, they help out. :bingo Oh yeah and the stickers on every window is because they sell the dealer the stickers and tell them by law all windows must have stickers!

Hi Wes and Rich, you know who it is!

True they are helping us but how in the hell do you mess up a preshrunk window kit?

toyotaman78 Posted Today, 12:00 PM

Well I now use digitint after useing llumar for 15 years. We have the plotter system at my dealership. The tracking system sucks. First, each user has a pin that u have to put in before you cut EACH pattern, you also have to scan the vin of each car, put in stock number and RO number. If the plotter messes up a pattern u have to tell the computer why u r cutting another one. Company was started by an old service adcisor, not a tinter (explains a lot). GST puts 50% on all front window which our customers complain is too light, so we strip off and retint with 35. Film is easy to shrink but don't no how it holds up. Its probably just reboxed crap

Why do you use it then if its reboxed crap as you put?

Archived