RETARDED PIGGY

Guest rcjello

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest she tinter

our laws are 27% film to glass it was 35% but after spending over a week lobbying the law yrs back they revised it because it was 35% they didn't consider what was already in the glass luckly they took it into consideration and change to 27% net so most 35 films work here.

Guest Key West
Do not take this as the gospel, but I do believe a clear glass on a say a Chrysler meters at around 92%, a Ford at around 94%. I do not know of a car that will meter 100% or even 99% :beer I could be wrong, like I said do not take is as the gospel.

Right on the money TTC. :beer Glass is considered "Neutral" density as it supposedly blocks/filters light equally across the spectrum. The color temperature (expressed in degrees kelvin) is the same on both sides of the glass. Optically clear glass absorbs about 6%, making it a 94% VLT. Most MFGRS add a coloring/darkening agent to the glass making it about a 70% VLT (Darkest allowed by federal law for a MFGR)

FYI, Those meters are REQUIRED to be calibrated at regular intervals (Depending on the state) and that certificate of calibration is required to be available at the time it's used if you request to see it.. That cop will have to prove the meter was in calibration at the time he used it, and produce the certificate of calibration from the lab in court (IF you go to court.) :beer

That's what I would've asked him then....

I'd take it to court for sure, just to make him look like a turd....

Take your meter in with you..... Make sure it's in optimum working order...

I check and calibrate my meter about every month....

Carbon 35 does meter 28 on the glass. Im using it but feel I may have some problems when custy's come to inspection time. I should prolly use the 45 but I hate to... Alot of glass on vehicles today meter 70 with no film on them also.
In WV our law is a net law also, 35%. I offer carbon 35 and 45, I actually list them as 30% and 40% to my customers, because it is closer to what they will actually read on the glass. I only gaurantee the 45 legal, I had alot of customers asking for 35% then getting upset with me when it wouldn't pass inspection.
our laws are 27% film to glass it was 35% but after spending over a week lobbying the law yrs back they revised it because it was 35% they didn't consider what was already in the glass luckly they took it into consideration and change to 27% net so most 35 films work here.
Who lobbied to get this law changed? How can we persuade our state to do the same? I think the law should be 35% film, not net, net law sucks!!!

Guest Key West
re-tint the windows with 50%....take the whole thing to trial..... by jury...... :nope

Put the system on trial.

:lol

:nope:nope:nope:nope:nope If only every one would, we wouldn't have these friggin' laws. Apathy is our governments best ally. The ONLY reason they get away with what they do! :nope

Archived