tint removal services

In my area I am having a hard time getting car dealers to come on board with the idea of tinting new cars, but they are always calling me wanting to know my Secret to film removal. They must trade in alot of cars with pretty purple or illegal tint and have to remove it. I never give my SECRETS, especially when it can make me money, but it was recently suggested to me that I offer them a removal service. Say $15 for one side window and $50 for the rear glass with a max of $100 on MOST vehicles, and offer to do it for less if they have the vehicle retinted during the same visit.

Any of you do this? I know dealers can be a pain in the ass, but I am looking to increase business any way I can. Any input? Especially on how to market our product to get the dealers on board. :shock

Guest Key West
In my area I am having a hard time getting car dealers to come on board with the idea of tinting new cars, but they are always calling me wanting to know my Secret to film removal. They must trade in alot of cars with pretty purple or illegal tint and have to remove it. I never give my SECRETS, especially when it can make me money, but it was recently suggested to me that I offer them a removal service. Say $15 for one side window and $50 for the rear glass with a max of $100 on MOST vehicles, and offer to do it for less if they have the vehicle retinted during the same visit.

Any of you do this? I know dealers can be a pain in the ass, but I am looking to increase business any way I can. Any input? Especially on how to market our product to get the dealers on board. :nope

Tell them the secret.................The secret is you send me the car, pay me money, and like majic, the film will be stripped. What you charge is on you, sounds like you are right there with most I've heard of, but alot less than I would charge. ( But I would rather they send them to you anyway!! :nope )

I tried that dealer removal a long time ago. Dealerships, especially used car lots, don't want to spend ANYTHING on the cars thats not ABSOLUTELY nescessary. Even tho it's harder to sell a car with bubbled, purple legal film, and illegal for them to sell a car with illegal film!

Go figger! :nope:beer

We charge anywhere from $120 to $140 for a complete removal. $40 for front roll ups. If you sell them correctly they will understand the complexity and risk involved and let you do it. It's all about knowing the recon mgr / UCM of the dealership. Illegal tint and or obstructed tint is VERY dangerous for your customer mr. dealer! What happens when they get a ticket for illegal tint and the law says it's Your responsibility to insure the car is legal at time of sale mr. dealer! Works well for us. Sure any monkey at the dealership can rip tint off, but will the $8 an hour kid spend the ime to clean up after themselves and deliver the car back to the front line like nothing happened? Probably not. I'm out!

Archived